Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Speaking of the company @Telemachos used to work for (and BOT's #1 enemy, apparently), this sounds like the kind of story that could only happen at a Disney park in Florida.

Disney sued by woman who says scooter ran over her at Epcot

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-cfb-disney-scooter-lawsuit-20190129-story.html

• ...wtf 1

I think it was revealed Queen is the most streamed artist from the 20th century at Spotify.

I would argue that Queen's music has specificities that make it more timeless than others : Freddie s voice : the GOAT voice, the production & sound, the epic-stadium feel of the hit songs that you find nowhere else, the very strong classical influences with those epic multi layered vocal tracks.

Elvis is forgotten from the  young generations they don't listen to him at all.

The Beatles are little too happy but obviously still huge as fuck.

Madonna has plenty of hits but the younger generations prefer to listen to her many spawns.

MJ's Thriller is probably the ultimate timeless record.

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Speaking of the company @Telemachos used to work for (and BOT's #1 enemy, apparently), this sounds like the kind of story that could only happen at a Disney park in Florida.

Disney sued by woman who says scooter ran over her at Epcot

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-cfb-disney-scooter-lawsuit-20190129-story.html

I’ve never gotten a check from Disney in my life. 🧐

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I would argue that Queen's music has specificities that make it more timeless than others : Freddie s voice : the GOAT voice, the production & sound, the epic-stadium feel of the hit songs that you find nowhere else, the very strong classical influences with those epic multi layered vocal tracks.

Some of the study about the common ingredient the usual song that became world hit and the result did sound exactly like Freddie voice singing Queen song yes.

You are probably talking about the actual song record:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/streaming/8489673/queen-bohemian-rhapsody-20th-century-most-streamed-song

Most of the others in that list (like the Gun's and Roses, Take on Me) also feature a male lead singer with a voice that go in many different zone.

13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Elvis is forgotten from the  young generations they don't listen to him at all.

Young generation become adult and all of them (maybe not in France) tend to explore Elvis (him and Johnny Cash had a nice run among the young in my market at least), not like the Beatles but still quite high.

Country type of music tend to be much bigger than what can be perceived in the mainstream radio/tv.

7 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Why does Green Book make people so angry? 🤣

I actually liked Green Book more than most people did here but it's the definition of a "basic feel-good anti-racism movie that was obviously made by white people." Easily gonna be my least favorite Best Picture winner this decade if it does. Hidden Figures two years ago was definitely a better example of this kind of movie.

Edited by filmlover

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I actually liked Green Book more than most people did here but it's the definition of a "basic feel-good anti-racism movie that was obviously made by white people." Hidden Figures two years ago was definitely a better example of this kind of movie.

But like. The movie is about a white dude.

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I actually liked Green Book more than most people did here but it's the definition of a "basic feel-good anti-racism movie that was obviously made by white people." Easily gonna be my least favorite Best Picture winner this decade if it does. Hidden Figures two years ago was definitely a better example of this kind of movie.

We are all the same.