Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Really dug Unsane. Regret having slept on it all these months. Overstuffed, sure, and increasingly preposterous near the end, but Foy is awesome (after First Man and this I'll watch her in anything. okay, except The Crown) it moves like a sonuvabitch and you know what I kinda loved the look. That iPhone harshness as employed here actually feels like a pretty close digital analogue to rough '70s grain for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You did not just insult Legend Linda Cardellini like that.

Oh fuck. That is the third film I've watched recently where I've seen Sarah Silverman in a movie and been surprised by how much she's improved as an actor only to find that it is Linda Cardellini.

I am really unfamiliar with her, what's she been in?

In GB she is a total MILF... I would smash her to pieces :wub:

Can You Ever Forgive Me is pretty good. Would be an all-timer if it were just a misanthropic middle-aged Withnail & I with 100 minutes of McCarthy and Grant drinking and sniping at people though. The true crime stuff works on a character level but still feels like basically an obligation. It's too bad Ali has stolen Grant's seeming initial momentum in the supporting actor race, a delightful performance and it would've been very nice to see him win. Thinking about it McCarthy is my favorite in her category too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

I am really unfamiliar with her, what's she been in?

She's been in a lot, although I'm guessing her most famous role is Velma in those live-action Scooby-Doo movies from the early 2000s. Her most memorable performance might have been in Legally Blonde tbh. "I didn't mean to shoot him! I thought it was YOU who walked in through the door!" :rofl:

Good news: all four of last year's acting winners will be back to present at the Oscars.

Bad news: apparently they'll be presenting other categories and not the acting ones (because they're "not famous enough"). Lame shit.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/all-four-last-years-oscar-winning-actors-serve-as-presenters-1182431

• Disbelief 2