Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I feel like the solution to the whole "Netflix Dilemma" is for them to just put their movies in theaters first and then release them on their streaming platform 3 months after that. If Amazon can do it, so can they.

Amazon is stopping that now. I think almost all their upcoming releases are going straight to Prime now. It makes sense though. I don't think a single one of their films released theatrically has made much money.

• Sad 1

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:09 PM, feasby007 said:

Soooo, Isn't It Romantic (that literally just released in USA) just showed up on my Netflix here in UK today...

yes, its a Netflix movie outside of America.

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Amazon is stopping that now. I think almost all their upcoming releases are going straight to Prime now. It makes sense though. I don't think a single one of their films released theatrically has made much money.

Manchester by the sea was a hit. but yeah most of them haven't done much theatrically.

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Late Night, The Report, and Brittany Runs a Marathon are all getting theatrical-first releases, I believe.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Writing a book. Have three pages done. I'm reading more fiction, to teach myself how to write.

Great to hear :) Ive written 3 books myself in the last 2 years and the first was the most difficult. Theres a phase when you (that was my feeling at least) just dont know how to structure your book, even when you have the full story clearly in your head. It can be really difficult, but if you are always invested in it and believe in yourself that you can and want this story to happen, you can do it!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Great to hear :) Ive written 3 books myself in the last 2 years and the first was the most difficult. Theres a phase when you (that was my feeling at least) just dont know how to structure your book, even when you have the full story clearly in your head. It can be really difficult, but if you are always invested in it and believe in yourself that you can and want this story to happen, you can do it!

Oh man, are you published?

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Is your topic, Alternative box office history?

(jk jk) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

Writing a book. Have three pages done. I'm reading more fiction, to teach myself how to write.

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

With aspirations of becoming a professional writer myself I envy the two of you.

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Is your topic, Alternative box office history?

(jk jk) 

:hahaha:

No, its dark fantasy, mainly inspired by Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

:hahaha:

No, its dark fantasy, mainly inspired by Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings.

Thats cool :) I think one should write for personal interest and what excites them. I think to many dismiss such things as a waste of time as it does not 'bring wealth or fame automatically'.

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Thats cool :) I think one should write for personal interest and what excites them. I think to many dismiss such things as a waste of time as it does not 'bring wealth or fame automatically'.

Yeah i see it as a hobby. I never planned to make a living out of it (but i woundt mind if that would someday somehow happen lol). I just think its great to share the own imagination with other people and see how they react to your work.

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Yeah i see it as a hobby. I never planned to make a living out of it (but i woundt mind if that would someday somehow happen lol). I just think its great to share the own imagination with other people and see how they react to your work.

Yeah I know a guy from India who is from my dad's village.

He used to sing because it brought him closer to "GOD" and ZERO interest in making money from it.

Then he got discovered these days and now tours the world. 

(name is Kanwar Gerewal) 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I'm really late to the conversation about Amazon, but I will say that I am waiting until their appearance at CinemaCon before I jump to conclusions regarding their future film release plan. Amazon's theatrical release leniency is a real boon for them in terms of good will, and Amazon as a mega corporation makes enough money as to where they don't necessarily need to make a major change, at least not at this time.

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

I know from personal experience that writing a book can be one of the most difficult things one can attempt, so kudos for giving it a go! I wish you well on your creative journey!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks ⁦⁩ for once again giving your input!!! Also, thank you to who always comes through for me! What is everyone’s thoughts on Gunn’s script being used?

the tweet leads to that, but look who got mentioned :D

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/01/marvels-tricky-battle-over-director-james-gunns-role-in-guardians.html