Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

11 minutes ago, MrPink said:

It's like...this movie could be better if FARRIER appeared and shot down Lucas Hedges.

Honestly have a really hard time relating to characters in film unless they are flying an RAF Supermarine Spitfire over the English Channel on their way to help save 400,000 soldiers waiting for evacuation at Dunkirk.

• Like 2

As charming and funny as Lady Bird is, it never quite elevated above being a pretty standard "year in the life" story. I really enjoyed it, but also feeling kinda left out because I didn't fall head over heels like everyone has. Gonna try to see it again this month, though.

Spoiler

I thought Laurie Metcalf was great, but if she mentioned the cost of something one more goddamn time....

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

She is certainly more problematic and broken than Lady Bird.

But Lady Bird is better realized and more three dimensional than Nadine. Nadine feels needlessly frustrating just because half the time, which btw, I'll never believe Hailee Steinfeld playing an unattractive dweeb who has to settle for Asian guy.

The movie never really denies that she's attractive; she's just a very very toxic person for most of the runtime!

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Honestly have a really hard time relating to characters in film unless they are flying an RAF Supermarine Spitfire over the English Channel on their way to help save 400,000 soldiers waiting for evacuation at Dunkirk.

Basically, every movie needs a Farrier or a Collins.

Fortis Leader we hardly knew ye

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

The movie never really denies that she's unattractive; she's just a very very toxic person for most of the runtime!

That just makes her an even more frustrating character that feels artificial.

Nadine doesn't even have a Mark VII Supermarine Spitfire, capable of flying at 408 MPH at an altitude of 25,000 feet. Like, did the directors not even understand what millennial teenagers do these days? Super unrelatable. And unrealistic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, JB33 said:

Is it just me or did the forum suddenly become littered with box ads?? I don't know what happened but it's now so slow and choppy with all the ads. Ugh.

It's not you. The post pages have gotten smaller all of the sudden, and the side bars are bigger. I'm assuming it's a slight glitch 

4 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

It's not you. The post pages have gotten smaller all of the sudden, and the side bars are bigger. I'm assuming it's a slight glitch 

Phew. Hopefully it's back to normal tomorrow.

I hate complaining about ads, especially when I'm not paying for a premium account, because I know that all the web communities we enjoy need to make money somehow, but I just want whatever site I'm on to be at least usable.

That being said, next year when I'm in a more stable situation financially, my hope is to upgrade my account and start contributing to the site. I appreciate this forum a lot.

Edited by JB33

Yeah, my uBlock was randomly turned off...it's not the first time this week. I got ads for a hospital, which I did talk about in another app...

On the flip side, this is the second time I've been up in the middle of the night from this new medication and I am, as the kids say, over it. 

• Like 1