Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 hours ago, excel1 said:

At this point, just get it over with with as little bloodshed as possible. Keep tripping Russian economy. 

MASSIVE win for American intelligence, btw, and now basically the entire world - including Russia - knows this is nonsensical and mostly blaming the right person.

I think this is viewed as a loss for US/Europe/Nato. Russia just did what it wanted.

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

Sean Penn is in Ukraine.

3 hours ago, AJG said:

The actress that played Naomi from the reboot before the last reboot of 90210 has released a statement

phew, was worried for a second but seems like these two have sorted the whole thing out.

3 hours ago, AJG said:

The actress that played Naomi from the reboot before the last reboot of 90210 has released a statement

Fun fact: this video has more than double the amount of views than the most viewed episode of 90210.

• Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Maggie said:

I think this is viewed as a loss for US/Europe/Nato. Russia just did what it wanted.

Results are mixed. This is a PR mess for Putin with his own people 

• Like 3

While I won't say "things are going better than expected" in Kyiv, I do think it is safe to say that the Ukrainians are putting up a hell of a lot more resistance than Putin/the Russian Army anticipated. 

Still very fluid and early

• Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

While I won't say "things are going better than expected" in Kyiv, I do think it is safe to say that the Ukrainians are putting up a hell of a lot more resistance than Putin/the Russian Army anticipated. 

Still very fluid and early

I think Putin is gonna change all that.....

Meanwhile on the human side of things, there are reports/rumors/gossip/legends going 'round the net about...

Alllllll over Twitter and elsewhere right now.  Whether it's true, exaggerated, or completely made up, it's showing that there's some fight out there in Ukraine.

And if one wants to be cynical over that (and I wouldn't be, as the Power of Stories has tremendous value in times like this), we have this which is verified:

Just a few of the stories already coming out of Ukraine, admittedly, some don't have as an happy ending but are still remarkable for defiance in face of certain death :

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Considering the farce that occurred the day before the invasion where Putin browbeat his advisors on TV over Ukraine (the bit about annexation versus recognizing independence was striking at the time and reminiscent of a scene out of Death of Stalin) it would not surprise me one whit either if the post-invasion plans concerning Ukraine have been just as well thought out as the US's plans were for Iraq: 

i.e: Not very.

Biggest problem for Russia remains that the actual citizens of the country are not down with this whatsoever. The vast majority of them are going to blame VP for the coming economic harshness. Hopefully some folks over there can get something done on the inside. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Biggest problem for Russia remains that the actual citizens of the country are not down with this whatsoever. The vast majority of them are going to blame VP for the coming economic harshness. Hopefully some folks over there can get something done on the inside. 

Nope, the biggest problem for Putin will be the coming insurgency in the Ukraine, which will make Afghanistan look like a minor skirmish. Wait till the body bags start coming home to Russia.

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Nope, the biggest problem for Putin will be the coming insurgency in the Ukraine, which will make Afghanistan look like a minor skirmish. Wait till the body bags start coming home to Russia.

That really just reinforces the larger problem I was referring to. This is not something his people want and that will almost certainly catch up to him. 

• Like 1

Just now, excel1 said:

That really just reinforces the larger problem I was referring to. This is not something his people want and that will almost certainly catch up to him. 

Putin has a  nightmare about what happened to Nicholas II.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Porthos said:

Meanwhile on the human side of things, there are reports/rumors/gossip/legends going 'round the net about...

Alllllll over Twitter and elsewhere right now.  Whether it's true, exaggerated, or completely made up, it's showing that there's some fight out there in Ukraine.

And if one wants to be cynical over that (and I wouldn't be, as the Power of Stories has tremendous value in times like this), we have this which is verified:

Just a few of the stories already coming out of Ukraine, admittedly, some don't have as an happy ending but are still remarkable for defiance in face of certain death :

Stories like this are so vital for Ukrainian morale. As effective as any propaganda