Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 hours ago, grim22 said:

Threads needs 3 minor changes to actually take down Twitter

1. Make searching by keyword possible

2. Add trending topics

3. Add a timeline of only people you follow

If these 3 updates are made, it will be #1 by a month.

I am certain we will see all these features soon. Trending topics will need certain level of engagement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am certain we will see all these features soon. Trending topics will need certain level of engagement.

The product head confirmed all of these are coming, I'm guessing they didn't expect 30M signups in like 12 hours. People have really waited for a scalable Twitter alternative since Muskageddon happened. 

Elmo already complaining in his likes

make a platform unusable for anyone outside your cult and people will go elsewhere.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The product head confirmed all of these are coming, I'm guessing they didn't expect 30M signups in like 12 hours. People have really waited for a scalable Twitter alternative since Muskageddon happened. 

Elmo already complaining in his likes

make a platform unusable for anyone outside your cult and people will go elsewhere.

Twitter has been terrible for a while. Feed does not load, too many trolls and bots as well. Issues seen past week will accelerate adoption for threads.

I still see twitter surviving but it's going to be diminished. I have a feeling Elon may bail out at some point. Some private equity will take it public again.

• Like 2

Ehh, not convinced at Threads being much better. It's owned by Meta. Is moving from one service run by a Bond villain to another service run by another Bond villian all that much better? Jack Dorsey sucks too, but I'm more prone to the idea of moving to Bluesky when that goes public.

I think the issue is twitter is to dominated by news and politics and is highly corrisive for discord.

if it becomes diminished and Threads is more memes and friends and people sharing funny dumb stuff. Zuckerberg said himself that Twitter is to toxic and that is why it never gained as many users as other apps. 

likely be better overall. 

Edited by Torontofan

1 hour ago, Eric Bunny said:

Ehh, not convinced at Threads being much better. It's owned by Meta. Is moving from one service run by a Bond villain to another service run by another Bond villian all that much better? Jack Dorsey sucks too, but I'm more prone to the idea of moving to Bluesky when that goes public.

In NTTD, Safin takes out Spectre and then Bond takes out Safin even if it kills him in the end. So we let Threads take out Twitter, and then leave Threads even if we need to sacrifice the Insta account to do so. Threads is literally the only alternative which can actually take down Twitter due to the existing infrastructure, everything else will take forever.

Twitter CEO already putting out hostage like statements in desperation

She is being dunked on by everyone.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, grim22 said:

In NTTD, Safin takes out Spectre and then Bond takes out Safin even if it kills him in the end. So we let Threads take out Twitter, and then leave Threads even if we need to sacrifice the Insta account to do so. Threads is literally the only alternative which can actually take down Twitter due to the existing infrastructure, everything else will take forever.

Twitter CEO already putting out hostage like statements in desperation

She is being dunked on by everyone.

Makes you wonder. Is Elon behind on his bills? 

Bluesky is the choice of mine. It's been great so far since it's still relatively small. It lacks the brands and influencers, which is great. It's honestly something I WOULD pay a few dollars a month to keep without all that garbage. Threads seems like a nightmare. Just a Facebook-ified Twitter.

Twitter and Meta will damage each other, and then a third company will come along a win the contest.

That is the bearuy of a Market driven system, you can always take your business"across the street" if you don't like what you are getitng.

Been getting into writing a lot recently. It's so fun to be able to express your thoughts and ideas and take your time to make sure you say what you wanted to say. I wrote this a couple months ago and wanted to share it for a while but here is the first work of mine that I'm proud of:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tMhD_7QLNPJBI2kPJJev0nI7C0y9WTPxx_J5NJr0QH8/edit?usp=drivesdk

Most of my writing so far has been an exchange of dialogue or stream of consciousness fragments. I've been trying to write proper narrative fiction but it's so hard.

• Like 3

On 7/6/2023 at 2:54 PM, Torontofan said:

I wonder cause Zuckerberg is saying news and politicans wont feature a lot in Threads, so if Twitter goes its a big loss to politican and media types. 

Yeah, it seems a very "All smiles, no problem solving vibe" LinkedIn pretends to be. I get avoiding politics to a point, but Twitter was a place where marginalized people could gather, plan, and give voice to issues right along side talking about movie news.

If BlueSky still keeps the news and politics but verifies the actual news outlets, I could deal with that (easy to say, as I don't have an invite).

I know most people hate the fact that Threads doesn't show you the people you follow, but I like it because I can tweet thread my portfolio and random people will see it.

6 hours ago, Morieris said:

Yeah, it seems a very "All smiles, no problem solving vibe" LinkedIn pretends to be. I get avoiding politics to a point, but Twitter was a place where marginalized people could gather, plan, and give voice to issues right along side talking about movie news.

If BlueSky still keeps the news and politics but verifies the actual news outlets, I could deal with that (easy to say, as I don't have an invite).

I know most people hate the fact that Threads doesn't show you the people you follow, but I like it because I can tweet thread my portfolio and random people will see it.

I get that but I think that is why kept twitter from growing much as it was so political i think. 

On 7/6/2023 at 12:54 PM, Torontofan said:

I wonder cause Zuckerberg is saying news and politicans wont feature a lot in Threads, so if Twitter goes its a big loss to politican and media types. 

Zuckerberg had decided that getting involved in politics hurt Musk badly; made  him a lot more  enemies hten it did friends.