Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

:lol:

What the hilarious Cheryl Hines sees in him (besides being tethered to a political dynasty) is beyond me.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in that house considering she has made no secret in the past how much she hates Trump, and in her public statement did not back or support her hubby's endorsement of him.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2024 at 7:21 AM, filmlover said:

:lol:

What the hilarious Cheryl Hines sees in him (besides being tethered to a political dynasty) is beyond me.

And the Politicla Dynasty in question has  cut RFK jr loose. He is not tethered to the Kennedys anymore.

'Dancing With The Stars’: Season 33 Cast Includes Tori Spelling, Rugby Star Ilona Maher, Eric Roberts, Phaedra Parks & Reginald VelJohnson

Also Olympian Stephen Nedoroscik (the pommel horse guy), and Anna Delvey, the convicted fake socialite grifter who has been the subject of media profiles and at least one Netflix series. She's going to dance in an ankle monitor and had to get permission from ICE to travel to the show's LA studio. Some fans say it's a low point for the show, while others rationalize that prior casts have included child/domestic abusers before, and what she did isn't as bad. I think the DwtS producers would have gotten Gypsy-Rose Blanchard if she weren't pregnant now.

Honestly, the funniest reaction to this cast is IMO from the kind of DwtS stan who's less bothered by Anna Delvey than the show having *horrors* two Bachelor franchise stars in the same season! The sort of stan who really thinks only a certain type of celebrity is worthy of Dancing with the Stars and laments the constant presence of D-listers. Lol, maybe they'll learn by Season 40...

3 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

'Dancing With The Stars’: Season 33 Cast Includes Tori Spelling, Rugby Star Ilona Maher, Eric Roberts, Phaedra Parks & Reginald VelJohnson

Also Olympian Stephen Nedoroscik (the pommel horse guy), and Anna Delvey, the convicted fake socialite grifter who has been the subject of media profiles and at least one Netflix series. She's going to dance in an ankle monitor and had to get permission from ICE to travel to the show's LA studio. Some fans say it's a low point for the show, while others rationalize that prior casts have included child/domestic abusers before, and what she did isn't as bad. I think the DwtS producers would have gotten Gypsy-Rose Blanchard if she weren't pregnant now.

Honestly, the funniest reaction to this cast is IMO from the kind of DwtS stan who's less bothered by Anna Delvey than the show having *horrors* two Bachelor franchise stars in the same season! The sort of stan who really thinks only a certain type of celebrity is worthy of Dancing with the Stars and laments the constant presence of D-listers. Lol, maybe they'll learn by Season 40...

None of them sound like the next Fred Astaire or Ginger Rogers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I had to laugh the other day when Meghan McCain made headlines for saying she's turned down DWTS multiple times because she doesn't want to humiliate herself. As if she didn't do that plenty of times when she was on The View.

This looks ridiculous and yet I'm totally going to watch it and I know for a fact it's going to be #1 on Netflix for at least two weeks while causing plenty of handwringing like the Dahmer season did.

Edited by filmlover

13 hours ago, filmlover said:

I had to laugh the other day when Meghan McCain made headlines for saying she's turned down DWTS multiple times because she doesn't want to humiliate herself. As if she didn't do that plenty of times when she was on The View.

This looks ridiculous and yet I'm totally going to watch it and I know for a fact it's going to be #1 on Netflix for at least two weeks while causing plenty of handwringing like the Dahmer season did.

I saw Meghan McCain's quotes and thought, "Too late." DwtS has a long history of casting GOP leaning figures. The original host got fired after speaking out against how political the show was being; Sean Spicer was his limit.

All I have to say about the Menendez series is that Ryan Murphy knows what he's doing lol. With Dahmer you had kids stanning him and inappropriate Halloween costumes, this time dumb fangirls will absolutely ship the brothers.

9 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

All I have to say about the Menendez series is that Ryan Murphy knows what he's doing lol. With Dahmer you had kids stanning him and inappropriate Halloween costumes, this time dumb fangirls will absolutely ship the brothers.

The Menendez bros about to be every brother costume this Halloween! Lord. I'm just impressed that it's living to the expectations I had for it where the takeaway from the success of Dahmer was "why have one hunk the Internet thirsts over playing a famous murderer when you can have two?" (not familiar with the actors playing Lyle and Erik, one of whom doesn't even have a Wikipedia page yet) and timed the release with spooky season, again.

I remember reading an article a while back that conservative are used to making themselves look silly in the media (just look at how the anchors on Fox News whine whenever they're made fun of on SNL for the shit that comes out of their mouths), so appearing on a dance competition show whose biggest celebrities usually tend to be D-listers or has-beens isn't something that is "beneath" them. That's why you don't see liberal figures on there since they try to maintain a sense of dignity...heck, even Al Sharpton (never one to say "no" to being in the spotlight) is on the record saying he turned them down multiple times. So it all makes sense as to why those who lean GOP have no shame appearing on DWTS. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, filmlover said:

The Menendez bros about to be every brother costume this Halloween! Lord. I'm just impressed that it's living to the expectations I had for it where the takeaway from the success of Dahmer was "why have one hunk the Internet thirsts over playing a famous murderer when you can have two?" (not familiar with the actors playing Lyle and Erik, one of whom doesn't even have a Wikipedia page yet) and timed the release with spooky season, again.

Ryan Murphy is competing with himself in a way, because American Sports Story: Aaron Hernandez debuts on September 17 and Monsters starts two days later. FX/Hulu is dropping episodes weekly, so I guess the hope is that as October progresses, fans finished watching the Menendez show will be looking for another true crime drama to pick up.

I love when someone breaks out before they have a Wikipedia page. I remember leaving The Holdovers, looking up Dominic Sessa and finding absolutely nothing about him. And by the end of Oscar season he's got designers clamoring to dress him and winning breakthrough awards. It's fun to watch it happen from the ground up.

15 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Ryan Murphy is competing with himself in a way, because American Sports Story: Aaron Hernandez debuts on September 17 and Monsters starts two days later. FX/Hulu is dropping episodes weekly, so I guess the hope is that as October progresses, fans finished watching the Menendez show will be looking for another true crime drama to pick up.

I love when someone breaks out before they have a Wikipedia page. I remember leaving The Holdovers, looking up Dominic Sessa and finding absolutely nothing about him. And by the end of Oscar season he's got designers clamoring to dress him and winning breakthrough awards. It's fun to watch it happen from the ground up.

Murphy also has that new Neicy Nash-Betts show coming out this month too that most people are probably only going to watch to see if Travis Kelce can act lol.

Speaking of Dominic Sessa, he and Kaitlyn Dever are now doing ads for Hotels.com that are playing during the pre-show at the movies these days.

• Like 1

Also the Creative Arts Emmys were over the weekend (ahead of the main event this upcoming Sunday). Highlights include: Pasek and Paul being elevated to EGOT status (for the OMITB song), Alan Cumming ending RuPaul's reign since the Obama administration as winner of Best Reality Host, and most importantly, JLC, Angela Bassett (for Queens, how appropriate) and Sandra Oh (as producer on Quiz Lady, would be nice if she also had one for the profession everyone knows her for but we'll take what we can get) all winning their first Emmys.

Emmys 2024 Winners: Creative Arts Awards Complete List (deadline.com)

It’s kind of a sad moment to remember that for that Obi-wan show he sold his voice away for AI recreation and that we’ll likely be hearing him “voice” Darth Vader forever. That stuff is so creepy. When a performer is gone, part of mourning them should be letting them go and letting them live on through their past work. Not settling for these facsimiles that have stripped the artist from the art.