Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

@That One Guy

All in all, it's alright. Dane DeHaan is terribly miscast as Valerian based on how the character is written, and he doesn't have much chemistry with Cara D. If the character wasn't written as an intergalactic James Bond wannabe he'd be a better fit. Instead he comes off as Miles Teller-esque. Also the whole 20+ minute subplot in the middle of the film that includes Ethan Hawke and Rhianna should have been axed as it interrupts everything and stops the film dead in its tracks for a sideshow adventure.

But there's some nifty setpieces and it's a very colorful and vibrant looking film. Also Cara D is decent in her role.

• Like 2

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer is such a sad song. Very realistic, though. "No one cares about you until they need you." Poor Rudolph, he should have turned to Santa and said "Fuck you, Santa Claus. You guys bully me all year, and now you need my help?? Go find someone else to pull your sleigh."

Merry Xmas Eve guys :)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

@That One Guy

All in all, it's alright. Dane DeHaan is terribly miscast as Valerian based on how the character is written, and he doesn't have much chemistry with Cara D. If the character wasn't written as an intergalactic James Bond wannabe he'd be a better fit. Instead he comes off as Miles Teller-esque. Also the whole 20+ minute subplot in the middle of the film that includes Ethan Hawke and Rhianna should have been axed as it interrupts everything and stops the film dead in its tracks for a sideshow adventure.

But there's some nifty setpieces and it's a very colorful and vibrant looking film. Also Cara D is decent in her role.

dVDJiez.gif

You all deserve a lump of coal because the forum has sucked for the past week and btw I hate Christmas.

Merry Christmas you filthy animals, and screw your new year. Lunar New Year ain’t till February. #NotMyNewYear

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer is such a sad song. Very realistic, though. "No one cares about you until they need you." Poor Rudolph, he should have turned to Santa and said "Fuck you, Santa Claus. You guys bully me all year, and now you need my help?? Go find someone else to pull your sleigh."

Merry Xmas Eve guys :)

Nah, what he should have done was hired an attorney to draw up a contract for his services and gouged Santa for loads of perks and benefits due to him having all the leverage in the negotiations.

Happy One Day Before Chinese Food and Movie Day

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1