Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, grim22 said:

The temperature has been in the 100-110 range here all last week with extreme heat warnings. Don’t think snow is a realistic possibility in SoCal.

Lucky. It is 36 today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Drinking that zombie frap now.  It really doesn't taste like anything lol. I guess there's a bit of apple taste

BUT IT LOOKS SO FUCKING GROSS 75! HOW COULD ANYONE WANT TO DRINK IT?????????

That's too bad. I didn't take a 20 minute commute to and from yesterday to get it and don't think I will :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BUT IT LOOKS SO FUCKING GROSS 75! HOW COULD ANYONE WANT TO DRINK IT?????????

That's too bad. I didn't take a 20 minute commute to and from yesterday to get it and don't think I will :lol: 

I mean it's not bad or anything. Maybe they made it weak but really, other than the mocha, there really wasn't much to it that I could taste

• Like 2

I've never had more of a Kitschjob reaction to my Astros player doing a slanted eyes gesture.

He's been playing really well for my team... :kitschjob:

But he just made a racist gesture towards Asians :kitschjob: Will my selfish desire or integrity win out?

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

Drinking that zombie frap now.  It really doesn't taste like anything lol. I guess there's a bit of apple taste

Was shopping for groceries yesterday and a Starbucks employee offered 3 of us a cup free...not a single one of us would try it, although someone's kid did, and the face he made - he said it tasted like medicine...and wouldn't finish the cup...

1st the unicorn crap and now this...2 non-coffee artificial icks...I liked Starbucks when they stuck to coffee and espresso drinks...I won't even try their drinks without coffee anymore...I got burned on some flavored iced tea last year that I literally poured down the drain...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Was shopping for groceries yesterday and a Starbucks employee offered 3 of us a cup free...not a single one of us would try it, although someone's kid did, and the face he made - he said it tasted like medicine...and wouldn't finish the cup...

1st the unicorn crap and now this...2 non-coffee artificial icks...I liked Starbucks when they stuck to coffee and espresso drinks...I won't even try their drinks without coffee anymore...I got burned on some flavored iced tea last year that I literally poured down the drain...

see I never go to Starbucks ever because I don't like coffee.  This got me there and yes it was free but otherwise I wouldn't go there at all so I guess this worked in a way :P 

• Like 2

Just now, 75Live said:

see I never go to Starbucks ever because I don't like coffee.  This got me there and yes it was free but otherwise I wouldn't go there at all so I guess this worked in a way :P 

But how old are you?  I didn't start coffee til I met my spouse (at 19) - never liked it before that...but then college early classes, and then 6am work schedules, and then little kids who wake up at the crack of dawn are an amazing thing to start and to start to like a morning coffee habit (before, I had been a vanilla tea drinker, which I now have as a nightcap b/c it's decaf:)...

Vanilla cappucinos (as is) and true Italian cappucinos (with a little sugar) are my splurge...as is decaf iced coffee with a shot of white chocolate (and nothing else - no milk or extra sugar) if it's summer...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

But how old are you?  I didn't start coffee til I met my spouse (at 19) - never liked it before that...but then college early classes, and then 6am work schedules, and then little kids who wake up at the crack of dawn are an amazing thing to start and to start to like a morning coffee habit (before, I had been a vanilla tea drinker, which I now have as a nightcap b/c it's decaf:)...

Vanilla cappucinos (as is) and true Italian cappucinos (with a little sugar) are my splurge...as is decaf iced coffee with a shot of white chocolate (and nothing else - no milk or extra sugar) if it's summer...

Let's just say I'm much closer to Tele than I am to 19 :P   It doesn't taste good, and I don't need it to wake up so there's literally no reason for me to drink it.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Let's just say I'm much closer to Tele than I am to 19 :P   It doesn't taste good, and I don't need it to wake up so there's literally no reason for me to drink it.

There's always a reason to drink coffee (at least according to my spouse).  I drink 1 cup a day with my Keurig (and if you need the best coffee, it's a Caribou K Cup on the 10oz setting:)...and I enjoy it for an hour...

I'm probably in the minority of coffee drinkers on the 1 cup thing...but it's a great way to start a day (and a terrible way to end it, at least if you drink it caffeinated:)...

I'll probably say I got permanently hooked when I had a 2 month old baby (my 1st) who slept less than 2 hours at a time, while I worked a job that required a 6am-3pm+ schedule and required me to start some of my days in Ohio winter guarding a military base gate...best thing after that morning was to come in and warm up (and energize up) with a cup of coffee...b/c coffee was hot, sweetened, and caffeinated (and available, since there's no mil base anywhere that doesn't have coffee!:)...and before you ask, my job was not to guard mil bases, but post-9/11 years had folks doing all sorts of jobs that they weren't originally supposed to do...and you just did it, b/c that's what young officers do:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

There's always a reason to drink coffee (at least according to my spouse).  I drink 1 cup a day with my Keurig (and if you need the best coffee, it's a Caribou K Cup on the 10oz setting:)...and I enjoy it for an hour...

I'm probably in the minority of coffee drinkers on the 1 cup thing...but it's a great way to start a day (and a terrible way to end it, at least if you drink it caffeinated:)...

I'll probably say I got permanently hooked when I had a 2 month old baby (my 1st) who slept less than 2 hours at a time, while I worked a job that required a 6am-3pm+ schedule and required me to start some of my days in Ohio winter guarding a military base gate...best thing after that morning was to come in and warm up (and energize up) with a cup of coffee...b/c coffee was hot, sweetened, and caffeinated (and available, since there's no mil base anywhere that doesn't have coffee!:)...and before you ask, my job was not to guard mil bases, but post-9/11 years had folks doing all sorts of jobs that they weren't originally supposed to do...and you just did it, b/c that's what young officers do:)...

not talking bad about your spouse but they are wrong on that bolded part  :P

but I get why you like coffee, but none of it works for me :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 75Live said:

I frequent Starbucks a lot, but the Zombie and unicorn crap stuff just looks like too much for me.  A dirty pumpkin chai is about as weird as I'll go (and that's not weird at all).