Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

17 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think my favorite bit is Raegr thinking that IP tools are the only thing at the disposal of mods and admins :thinking:

Yeah, there's also our Key Hole satellite network.

Edit:Shit.  I should not have said that.  I should not have said that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 of my favorite “classical”/“orchestral” compositions

Mozart’s Requiem

Dvorak’s Symphony From the New World

Brahm’s German Requiem

Shostakovich’s Fifth Symphony

Grieg’s Peer Gynt Suite

Williams’ Revenge of the Sith Score

Ola Gjeilo’s Sunrise Mass

Bernstein’s Mass!

Copland’s Fanfare for the Common Man

Handel’s The Messiah

28 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's not BKB. Just Raegr going crazy

I want to repeat that this is not BRK.  To our knowledge he has never created an alt account during his bans.

People creating an alt account to circumvent a ban is a pet peeve of mine and I'll always argue for a lengthy suspension when we catch it happening. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

I want to repeat that this is not BRK.  To our knowledge he has never created an alt account during his bans.

People creating an alt account to circumvent a ban is a pet peeve of mine and I'll always argue for a lengthy suspension when we catch it happening. 

So, in the case of raegr, who keeps making alt after alt even after getting suspended, when is the hammer finally going to get dropped on him? 

5 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

So, in the case of raegr, who keeps making alt after alt even after getting suspended, when is the hammer finally going to get dropped on him? 

raegr/All Alts - (1/15/18) - Permanently Banned  for trolling and creating multiple accounts. 

• Like 3

Police have responded to an unexpected call for assistance this morning after a wallaby was spotted crossing the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Officers from Harbourside and North Shore local area commands were called to the bridge just before 5am (Tuesday 16 January 2018) after the marsupial was spotted in lane eight on the northern side of the bridge.

Traffic controllers from the Transport Management Centre monitored the wallaby as it hopped across to lane one and, without indicating, exited onto Cahill Expressway then to Macquarie Street.

Officers took the startled macropod into police custody near the Conservatorium of Music, with the Police Mounted Unit arriving on scene soon after to take it to the zoo for veterinary assessment.

It’s thought the wayward wallaby might have made its way to the bridge from a golf course in Cammeray.

59 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think my favorite bit is Raegr thinking that IP tools are the only thing at the disposal of mods and admins :thinking:

My favorite bit was back when this nonsense first started and he seemed genuinely surprised that we would be able to easily identify an account that (1) was immediately created after a raegr ban (2) had the same style of posting and (3) had the exact same IP address.

• Like 12

Writers: do questionnaires really help with getting to know characters? I'm trying to nail my five main characters for my next full-length play but all the questionnaires I'm finding online seem unnecessarily detailed for the story I plan on telling with them...

1 minute ago, Poe Blankeron said:

Writers: do questionnaires really help with getting to know characters? 

Short answer: no

Slightly longer answer: maybe, if it seems to help you discover them.

Slightly longer answer: Every writers' process is different. It may work for you, or not, or kinda work. It's up to you.

• Like 1