Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

Honestly the only TV Show still going that’s absolutely worth watching all the way through is Game of Thrones.  Even if it’s just because it’s deeply rooted in pop-culture more than any show since Lost.

I like the show, but this I am embarrassed on your behalf for this post.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

This might be worse than Goffe's take.

I’m saying whole way through.  There’s not a show still going on right now that id genuinely recommend watching before Thrones.

At this point, not seeing Thrones is like not seeing Star Wars, LOTR, Potter, etc.  Whether or not any of those things are your absolute favorite or not, they’re all so engrained in pop culture that I’d say they’re essential viewings.

If we opened this up to shows that ended within the last 5 years I might put Breaking Bad above it.  But even then, I think Thrones has left a larger cultural impact that Breaking Bad.

Definitely wasn’t saying it’s the only show on worth watching.  Am saying in 10 years people will remember Thrones before black-ish, The Good Place, Handmaid’s Tale, Twin Peaks, Master of None, etc.

Holy shit, I hadn't realized the SXSW tickets were $625 and Buy One Get One Free for students. My roommate and I are thinking of going and splitting that, so it's $312.50 which is a GOOD DEAL.

@Telehilation, did you say you were going? If my roommate and I end up going, we should have a BOT meet-up

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Never watching Game of Thrones just because of these posts

Prolly a good idea, first few seasons are very good but sheesh the way some ppl talk about it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Never watching Game of Thrones just because of these posts

Never watching Mortal Engines or whatever new flop you’re stanning.  But not because of this post, just because it’ll likely be inconsequential

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poe Blankeron said:

Holy shit, I hadn't realized the SXSW tickets were $625 and Buy One Get One Free for students. My roommate and I are thinking of going and splitting that, so it's $312.50 which is a GOOD DEAL.

@Telehilation, did you say you were going? If my roommate and I end up going, we should have a BOT meet-up

I'm not going. :lol: But there's something interesting happening there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

I'm not going. :lol: But there's something interesting happening there. 

your vague nature makes me wonder. Still, if anyone here is going let me know because i'd love to do a meet-up

(will know by Saturday if I'll end up going or not anyway)

If somebody can name me one show (that’s currently running) that they think will leave a longer lasting stamp on pop-culture than Thrones I’d like to hear it and legit reasons why.

I know it’s edgy to dismiss popular things but it’s a little silly acting so shocked that I said it’ll be the show that’s remembered out of what’s on right now.  My post was mainly spinning off of Goffe saying none of these TV Shows will be remembered 10 years down the line

2 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

If somebody can name me one show (that’s currently running) that they think will leave a longer lasting stamp on pop-culture than Thrones I’d like to hear it and legit reasons why.

I know it’s edgy to dismiss popular things but it’s a little silly acting so shocked that I said it’ll be the show that’s remembered out of what’s on right now.  My post was mainly spinning off of Goffe saying none of these TV Shows will be remembered 10 years down the line

SpongeBob SquarePants

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 2