aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

So, 211m through Friday, with only USA and China reported.

So, 40 million more in China (SAT+SUN). 75 million more from the USA (SAT+SUN). We're at 325 million. About 40 million more from overseas markets that opened last week (FRI-SAT-SUN). We're at 365 million. And about 60 million more from overseas markets that opened this weekend. 425 million after 12 days. Nice.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Russo Brothers signed a deal with Fox to set up their studio over there. Producing and directing different projects. Similar to what JJ Abrams does for Paramount. 

I remember when they signed a similar deal with Sony - then got hired to do Civil War, Avengers 3 & 4 and pftt was done for Sony.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Oh, yeah, that is a good point. Probably it can still push the Saturday number higher than usual, right?

Those that generally have Sat off will get Friday off in lieu. And those that do not have Sat off will get that day off. So there should be a small boost on Sat but the big boost should happen on Friday. And maybe a small boost on Thursday as well

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I remember when they signed a similar deal with Sony - then got hired to do Civil War, Avengers 3 & 4 and pftt was done for Sony.

Yeah I remember they were gonna be involved in the Ghostbusters franchise. But I imagine this time it's a legit producing deal since it'll be a nice break after the Avengers films. 

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah I remember they were gonna be involved in the Ghostbusters franchise. But I imagine this time it's a legit producing deal since it'll be a nice break after the Avengers films. 

They also had a First Look deal with Sony

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/russo-brothers-sign-first-look-deal-with-sony-1201445430/

They were also going to produce and direct The Gray Man for Sony.  Last I heard (2 years ago) Theron was attached but it started off with trying to woo RDJ for it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Those that generally have Sat off will get Friday off in lieu. And those that do not have Sat off will get that day off. So there should be a small boost on Sat but the big boost should happen on Friday. And maybe a small boost on Thursday as well

Yes, Thursday and Friday will be the majority of the boost for sure same as last year since the holiday is recognized Friday   Also TYFYS is getting some buzz and it'll definitely get a boost around veterans day.  Too bad they started with such a small number because as far as I can tell it is connecting with it's audience.  In any case I expect a small drop this weekend and maybe even flat or up Veterans Day weekend

9 minutes ago, a2knet said:

30% Sun drop gives 31m and 122m ow (46.8+44.2+31)

It needs a 26.5% Sun drop or 32.5m to take down the clown.

Sunday drops have been good lately with mostly upward revisions and the weather is pretty miserable on the east coast which could drive people to the theater more than usual.  Also 600k+ moviepass subscribers out there now...as an aside I wonder if hardcore fans will use moviepass to really drive numbers up..for example getting a ticket for JL every single day

53 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

So, 211m through Friday, with only USA and China reported.

So, 40 million more in China (SAT+SUN). 75 million more from the USA (SAT+SUN). We're at 325 million. About 40 million more from overseas markets that opened last week (FRI-SAT-SUN). We're at 365 million. And about 60 million more from overseas markets that opened this weekend. 425 million after 12 days. Nice.

800 million locked?

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thor will open around 55 million in China for the weekend. For reference Thor 2 made about 55.3m in its entire run there. Should get to a minimum 90 at the very least. 

Closer to 110 million IMO 

Just now, Rumpot said:

Sunday drops have been good lately with mostly upward revisions and the weather is pretty miserable on the east coast which could drive people to the theater more than usual.  Also 600k+ moviepass subscribers out there now...as an aside I wonder if hardcore fans will use moviepass to really drive numbers up..for example getting a ticket for JL every single day

I think some have been doing things like that for reward points. It seems moviepass has altered their TOS though and reserve the right to charge a penalty or suspend the account if they feel the subscription is being abused.