Finnick

Tuesday Numbers: Thor: Ragnarok - 10.8M Deadline

With the Tuesday number announced I'm a bit stunned no one placed the updated Thor:R total.

It should be about $141.7m with Tuesday accounted for. Meaning it's tally thru Thursday will be somewhere in the $154-156m range going into weekend number two.

Then if the approximate $60m weekend #2 materializes Thor: Ragnarok will be sitting pretty at $215m +/- with 4 more receipt days till Justice League opens. Conservatively Thor does another $15m in that 4 day window and we are looking at $230m domestic as Justice League opens during Thor:Ragnarok's third weekend.

Thor does $25-30m and come day 21 it's total is in the ballpark of $255-260m domestic.

It would take a train wreck of epic proportions for Thor:Ragnarok to not hit $300m domestic at this point I think.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

With the Tuesday number announced I'm a bit stunned no one placed the updated Thor:R total.

It should be about $141.7m with Tuesday accounted for. Meaning it's tally thru Thursday will be somewhere in the $154-156m range going into weekend number two.

Then if the approximate $60m weekend #2 materializes Thor: Ragnarok will be sitting pretty at $215m +/- with 4 more receipt days till Justice League opens. Conservatively Thor does another $15m in that 4 day window and we are looking at $230m domestic as Justice League opens during Thor:Ragnarok's third weekend.

Thor does $25-30m and come day 21 it's total is in the ballpark of $255-260m domestic.

It would take a train wreck of epic proportions for Thor:Ragnarok to not hit $300m domestic at this point I think.

Yeah I agree, Thor Ragnarok is a major success and I'm so happy to see it doing well. I am predicting 330M at this point and that would be lovely for a Thor movie. Just lovely. 

32 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thats a great number. About 31% increase from yesterday. 

For comparision

DS increased about 23.3%

SMH about 23.4%

Guardians about 22.7%

WW about 22%

Unfortunately statistics can't be used like that (for comparison purposes) without the surrounding data.

Its a good increase but only because the previous fall was quite bad.

The fact is, Thor3 has the 2nd worse of the first Tuesday numbers of all those movies, its even below the Monday numbers of most of them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Unfortunately statistics can't be used like that (for comparison purposes) without the surrounding data.

The fact is, Thor3 has the 2nd worse of the first Tuesday numbers of all those movies, its even below the Monday numbers of most of them.

Lol. 2 of them had summer weekdays and one of them opened 25 million higher. What did you expect? Funny how that works eh telling me to consider surrounding data and conveniently ignoring them yourself

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, AndyK said:

87% of statistics are made up.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Can't compare actual numbers of summer weekdays v. fall weekdays.

14 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Your point being that you can see stats to mean whatever the hell you want right? Your post is an exercise in terrible extrapolation and exposition. 

• Like 3

Solid Tuesday. Will be nice to compare with the rest of the films in play. 

I don't think the Tuesday number means anything other than a solid gross is in store at the end. Wednesday will be harsher than normal and the world will be crashing again lol. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I mean, Wonder Woman and Homecoming were in the Summer. Its weekdays - including Tuesday - aren't all that comparable to early November.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Solid Tuesday. Will be nice to compare with the rest of the films in play. 

I don't think the Tuesday number means anything other than a solid gross is in store at the end. Wednesday will be harsher than normal and the world will be crashing again lol. 

stop making sense!!  you know people only come in here to overreact, argue phantom points that no one has actually said and all that jazz!!  

:P 

• Thanks 1