The Panda

Top Grossing Movies of 2019 Predicts

59 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I just don’t think the Star Wars brand is as strong anymore. Just look at Solo - those numbers are unacceptable. The interest for SW9 just doesn’t seem to be there - specially internationally. It’s doing less than 600M international and probably around 600 domestically so that adds up to 1,2 billion. 

You can't judge the potential of a saga hit (especially being the last one) to a spin-off that had zero demand and wasn't connected to the saga. That kind of thinking is too simplistic.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jedijake said:

You can't judge the potential of a saga hit (especially being the last one) to a spin-off that had zero demand and wasn't connected to the saga. That kind of thinking is too simplistic.

I’m also judging it from the backlash the last Jedi received.  The situation is similar to the DCEU with Justice Leauge (minus Wonder Woman). 

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’m also judging it from the backlash the last Jedi received.  The situation is similar to the DCEU with Justice Leauge (minus Wonder Woman). 

And now minus Aquaman too? When a film gets customers, it gets them despite what any film prior did (or didn't do).

Solo won't have any impact on IX, especially if IX is marketed well and gets decent WOM.

12 hours ago, Alli said:

I'll be very surprised if CM beats WW. I have to agree with @GraceRandolph, Brie doesn't seem too charming. We'll see how she is in the movie. Gal proved us wrong

Brie is pretty but ain't special. For instance theres many many women at my workplace who are much prettier.

While GAL isnt my taste but she's pretty much toppest tier.

If you get a 1000 men to rate both outta 10, GAL would be over 9 while brie is somewhere between 7 and 7.5.

Anyway should this matter? Probably not. Will it matter? Maybe. Perhaps being a supermodel is important to being a lead in a superhero movie as a woman.

Unrelated but @GraceRandolph in my eyes is a 9.5 outta 10, could do with a little more thickness tho. However speaking for everyone I reckon she'll only be marked as an 8/10.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Brie is pretty but ain't special. For instance theres many many women at my workplace who are much prettier.

While GAL isnt my taste but she's pretty much toppest tier.

If you get a 1000 men to rate both outta 10, GAL would be over 9 while brie is somewhere between 7 and 7.5.

Anyway should this matter? Probably not. Will it matter? Maybe. Perhaps being a supermodel is important to being a lead in a superhero movie as a woman.

Unrelated but @GraceRandolph in my eyes is a 9.5 outta 10, could do with a little more thickness tho. However speaking for everyone I reckon she'll only be marked as an 8/10.

Not the real GraceRandolph but okay.

May be domestic might be similar for frozen and toystory but I can bet Overseas will be much lesser. People who were expecting  Mary Poppins gonna cross a billion  will argue again but Its just what people do  

• Haha 1

Frozen is way more ingrained in popular culture than Mary Poppins today that I doubt overseas will drop as much as you think it will. Just look at the Despicable Me franchise overseas to see how sequels to massive animated films typically perform. I think Toy Story 4 will miss $1 billion just because it's the unneeded 4th installment of a franchise that already had a successful trilogy, but I give Frozen 2 good odds to cross $1 billion. That said, people are definitely over-predicting it based on the number of people IN for the Frozen 2 > $1.5 billion club. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WW top 10:

1.) Endgame: $2.1B

2.) The Lion King: $2B

3.) Episode IX: $1.3B

4.) Frozen II: $1.25B

5.) Detective Pikachu: $1B

6.) Far From Home: $950M

7.) Toy Story 4: $900M

8.) Hobbs and Shaw: $850M

9.) Pets 2: $825M

10.) Captain Marvel: $815M

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Lmao, you think Grace's account on here is fake? You talk some crap sometimes Mr Isaac.

It...it's not the real Grace Randolph. Like you can literally look at his account he himself says it.

4 minutes ago, Mulder said:

It...it's not the real Grace Randolph. Like you can literally look at his account he himself says it.

Wow you really can't tell when someone's being sarcastic can you? Grace jokes about not being real all the time.

gal is interesting and exotic while brie is just your average bland american girl, no comparison, she has 0 charisma or appeal. i dont know how the hell she was cast instead of someone like blake lively

nevermind scarlett probably has in her contract that marvel will never cast blake

Edited by TombRaider

Avengers: Endgame $700m/$1b,400m. = $2b,100m

The Lion King 700m/$1b,200m = $1b,900m

Star Wars: Episode IX $600m/$800m = $1b,400m

Frozen 2 $385m/$800m = $1b,185m

Spider-Man: Far from Home $375m/$600m = $975m

Jumanji 3 $350m/$600m = $950m

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu $300m/$600m = $900m

Captain Marvel $335m/$515m = $850m

Aladdin $350m/$475m/ = $825m

Hobs and Shaw $220m/$600m = $820m

Toy Story 4 $325m/$475m = $800m