That One Girl

Unsane | March 23, 2018 | A STEVEN SODERBERGH HORROR FILM | Looks pretty insane

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

The big advantage of the Iphones is having non-actor on real locations acting closer to their natural behavior with the absence of a camera/sound recorder/crew.

Otherwise using an IPhone instead of a better cheap small canon dslr (or the equivalents) feel really like a marketing gimmick.

Definitely would be well-suited for documentaries. No doubt about that. 

looks interesting but with Soderbergh's experimental stuff it has been 50/50 for me. It could be a good movie but just as easily could be as laughable as Full Frontal or The Good German. Bergh doesn't care, he 'll have a new movie out before the year is over.

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

this is gonna have like a $3million opening

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I doubt it even does that much tbh. Could see it full-on flopping ala Hardcore Henry.

Nah, Soderbergh's wide releases don't flop THAT much (then again, neither did Matt Damon films until Suburbicon and Downsizing). Maybe it matches Solaris' unadjusted opening (6.8M)

Edited by WrathOfHan

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Nah, Soderbergh's wide releases don't flop THAT much (then again, neither did Matt Damon films until Suburbicon and Downsizing). Maybe it matches Solaris' unadjusted opening (6.8M)

speaking of Suburbicon that’s the weirdest movie that’s gotten a low CinemaScore for me.  I can see someone not liking it but the D- it has is baffling.  even Downsizing managed a C!

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's a Bleecker Street release with no starpower and weak reviews. I wouldn't expect it to open much higher than in 1K theaters, if that.

Soderbergh is always doing the most. At least he tries to be interesting.  Is he still using those goofy colored filters in his films. I thought he retired anyway.

My girl Claire Foy is in this so it may be good. I like her acting a lot.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's a Bleecker Street release with no starpower and weak reviews. I wouldn't expect it to open much higher than in 1K theaters, if that.

Soderbergh has full control over its release pattern if I'm not mistaken. It's how Logan Lucky got in over 3k theaters. Unsane definitely isn't getting that many theaters, but something around 2k seems right.