That One Girl

Unsane | March 23, 2018 | A STEVEN SODERBERGH HORROR FILM | Looks pretty insane

I expected due to the low weekend predictions a strange niche film but the trailer looked very interesting and well played. Now I understand why presales are not too bad. Since horror films still overperform (lately with Strangers 2 ) and this film has fine reviews and will get more than 2.000 theaters, why not predict an OW closer to 10M?

58 minutes ago, el sid said:

I expected due to the low weekend predictions a strange niche film but the trailer looked very interesting and well played. Now I understand why presales are not too bad. Since horror films still overperform (lately with Strangers 2 ) and this film has fine reviews and will get more than 2.000 theaters, why not predict an OW closer to 10M?

Yeah, these presales+the big jump on RT are making me think it could open around Logan Lucky's level. The same PTA as Strangers will get it to 8.4M.

• Like 2

Bleecker Street knows what they're doing for sure. I think they've been marketing this pretty well for what it is, and I think a small portion of the general horror audience might be interested in this too. I think they might already be releasing this film at a win (as opposed to releasing it at a loss) just because the film was a cheap production.

Good reviews certainly help too! They usually can't hurt, that's for sure!

• Like 1