DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Considering a non-sequel like DS did 2.74x and sequels like MJ1 and MJ2 did 2.7x, I think 2.7-2.75x is the ceiling for JL.

100m ow gives 270-275m dom with that multiplier.

I think high-90s with 2.5-2.55x is more realistic, making a run for 250m. While on the lower side shouldn't go below 225-230m considering reception is fine and the movie is lighter and more family-friendly. I don't think that many people are gonna resist taking another look at Wonder Woman in action this year. They may not rush out on ow, but over the 10-day period and later they may make a trip to the cinemas. That's what am hoping with help JL touch 250m dom, while the ignominy of being below TASM1's 262m may not be averted.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Orestes said:

I'm glad my decision to skip JL this weekend and watch The Punisher instead is helping to contribute, however minutely, to this box office surprise ;).

I kinda want to check it out this weekend. I don’t want to go alone but my only option is with my BF. And considering his reaction toward BvS, I don’t think asking him to go watch JL with me is a wise decision for the sake of our relationship.

I’ll probably get to see it eventually over the holiday break. 

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Considering a non-sequel like DS did 2.74x and sequels like MJ1 and MJ2 did 2.7x, I think 2.7-2.75x is the ceiling for JL.

100m ow gives 270-275m dom with that multiplier.

I think high-90s with 2.5-2.55x is more realistic, making a run for 250m. While on the lower side shouldn't go below 225-230m considering reception is fine and the movie is lighter and more family-friendly. I don't think that many people are gonna resist taking another look at Wonder Woman in action this year. They may not rush out on ow, but over the 10-day period and later they may make a trip to the cinemas. That's what am hoping with help JL touch 250m dom, while the ignominy of being below TASM1's 262m may not be averted.

Below Logan would be quite rewarding for the sake of quality. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sam said:

I kinda want to check it out this weekend. I don’t want to go alone but my only option is with my BF. And considering his reaction toward BvS, I don’t think asking him to go watch JL with me is a wise decision for the sake of our relationship.

I’ll probably get to see it eventually over the holiday break. 

Pink told me that Aquabro was disappointing and it's really just killed all my motivation of getting out to see it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

I'm being serious when I say that I would have given a much more honest opinion if not for what happened after I posted early about Wonder Woman (even though I was spot on with the opening and how it would do financially).  

I chickened out because the backlash I got was not worth it.  From now on I will be honest in my assessment no matter what.  

Fanboys are gonna fanboy. Stick with your gut opinion

7 minutes ago, YourMother said:

@tribefan695.

The sales for Tuesday went up big in my theater.

For Coco, my 2 locals are at 24 and 19 seats sold total for Tuesday night, for a Pixar film...Wonder was way ahead of that pace for its Thursday showings at the same time out...

As of now, the movie is not even getting the biggest screen at either local...

• Thanks 1