DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Having the same name for your mother ending a duel between two superheros.

Is the same as finding out the killer of your mom and that your fellow team member hid on purpose and considering Iron Man is pretty much a man baby inside emotionally? 

You guys can spin all you want, Martha was a pathetic scene... 

I honestly can't remember at the moment, but does Tony even know Bucky had been brainwashed? 

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Coco is a real wildcard. Presales looked absymal when first started, and rose exponentially today.

Yeah. I wanna update my prediction from 140-150 to closer to 200. And if it catches on fire could go over JL? (ala Zootopia over BVS)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Not sure we can get Aqu's TALK going. Just lacks that rugged, yet fun-loving man of the sea vibe. Also, wasn't pushed enough in the marketing. Another terrible job by WB. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5718284

Plus it's not in the movie.

7 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Uh...not even close. Am I the only one who bought Stark's reaction at that point. We're talking about witnessing a guy, who happens to be standing there in the room with you, murder your parents and rage and hate for Cap that has been building up anyway. No kidding he snapped on them.

Yeah I actually felt pretty mad when I saw Stark's parents getting killed, and I rooted for him to beat the ever-loving shit out of Bucky

Brainwashing be damned, I'd still get pissed

Edited by franfar
  • Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I honestly can't remember at the moment, but does Tony even know Bucky had been brainwashed? 

He clearly does hence the Manchurian Candidate line, but in the moment, all rational thought left him as he just witnessed his mother's skull crushed.

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

It worried me that AQM was in production before WONDR changed the direction of DCEU. It's already done filming. I hope we see the Wan fingerprints in full glory.

I hope Wan's smart enough to give Momoa at least three opportunities to be shirtless. One is alright, two's pretty good, but three or more? It would easily be the best DC movie ever made. If Wan's really smart and gives Momoa a chance to show off his Aquaass and Aquacock, it'll be the greatest movie ever made.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

Of course y’all would rehash the BvS and CW debates.

Of course. 

you know we love these funny book squabbles. It's BOT's fuel, without we would fade out slowly like the sun in Sunshine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

He clearly does hence the Manchurian Candidate line, but in the moment, all rational thought left him as he just witnessed his mother's skull crushed.

I mean regardless, I know the execution was a million times better than the BvS nonsense since I wasn't overcome with the urge to shout "are you fucking kidding me?" in the theater like Marthagate. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Just now, franfar said:

Yeah I actually felt pretty mad when I saw Stark's parents getting killed, and I rooted for him to beat the ever-loving shit out of Bucky

Really ? Didn't the movie used a cheap trick of not being really him at all and having zero responsibility because of brainwash ? Was it not obvious or even explicitly said ? Or we learn that after ?

I guess we can get mad for all kind of reason, did feel mad when honest working most of them father cops were getting attacked and their life engendered just to protect Bucky from the law by someone called Captain American and presented to us as virtuous.... the reason for it not being fully obvious to me outside friendship.

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Iron Man reaction was unreasonable but Iron Man is no saint, he is an unstable man and such a shock would set him off.

Maybe some people did not buy it, which is fine but I think it was pretty decently executed and to me set the film above your typical comic book fare. 

Edited by Lordmandeep