DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

44 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The Green Lantern wasn't in this because of Ryan Reynolds

Never forget. Warner Bros fucking up the Green Lantern is the reason why Fox got box office gold with Deadpool. Warner Bros is just so charitable. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Never forget. Warner Bros fucking up the Green Lantern is the reason why Fox got box office gold with Deadpool. Warner Bros is just so charitable. 

Yup, they really shot themselves in the foot. They could have their own superhero sci-fi franchise, and instead they released a half-hearted "mess". A shame really. At this point, even Marvel has them beat with GOTG. I'm really hoping that the planned GL Corps film is better at least. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, RFF said:

Meanwhile, Marvel reboots Hulk despite past failures very successfully and WB goes with Cyborg.

How could they possible screw it up any worse than the two stand alone Hulk films? The Hulk as a mindless rage monster does not work, at least as a movie. The Hulk as a lucid kick ass machine with hints of a sense of humor on the other hand. The only Marvel animated film that worked recently was Planet Hulk, which Thor borrows from, and that version of the Hulk was perfect. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

whats the chance of this still doing sub 90?

MJ1 fell 37% on Sunday, MJ2 fell 31%, CF fell 34% and FB fell 29.5%. 

Even a 37% Sunday drop takes JL over 90 easily:

38.8 + 33 + 20.8 = 92.6

I think a 30-32% drop will happen on Sunday (22.4-23.1 if Sat is 33.0) giving a 94-95 weekend.

4 minutes ago, spaghetti! said:

That's not a bad drop for Justice League, but it can't shake how ultimately disappointing the opening weekend is. 

Wonder should have enough to get over $30m. Very happy for this little underdog. 

Wonder's trailer is cute as fuck. Saw it with both Ragnarok and the League and the audiences  fucking LOVE that trailer everytime I saw it in theaters. Glad to see it doing well. 

23 minutes ago, Nova said:

Now pull Cavill out of Sup (putting an end to the current story-line of DCEU, with a soft-reboot of the story-line using Flashpoint, WONDR2 and non-Affleck Reeves Batman) and let him play Shazam!

Do they have the balls?

Edited by a2knet

2 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Oh ok yeah you’re right a 68% decline isn’t bad. Hello and welcome to the box office?! Lol what are you smoking??

It was holiday last friday, so, no, it's not bad

Actually, Doctor Strange also drop 67,9% last year too, it's not a big deal

34 minutes ago, boxofficeth said:

Feels like 2009 when The Blind Side opened against gigantic New Moon.

I would not be surprised if it increases next weekend (though it will be hard, given Coco will distract family audiences)

For JL, I wish the best of luck. Hopefully not as hard landing as -70% as NM. If it follows NM. That would be painful to see it grossing less than the Avengers's opening weekend.

Actually, 2006 when "Devil Wears Prada" opened against "Superman Returns" is an even better comparasion.

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Blame game has began and surprise surprise some of the hardcore DCEU fans are blaming WB and Joss Whedon for the changes in Justice League that apparently resulted in its poor box office.

If they aren't blaming BvS, they aren't DCEU fans, they're Snyder fans.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, boxofficeth said:

Feels like 2009 when The Blind Side opened against gigantic New Moon.

I would not be surprised if it increases next weekend (though it will be hard, given Coco will distract family audiences)

For JL, I wish the best of luck. Hopefully not as hard landing as -70% as NM. If it follows NM. That would be painful to see it grossing less than the Avengers's opening weekend.

I think Coco and Wonder taking family audiences is going to affect both the light-toned CBMs in release. Guessing that's why Thor3 could do 305-310 instead of more and JL's recovery could also be hindered.

Edited by a2knet

53 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh by the way @MrPink you jinxed me with the Jumanji trailer :gold: It's been about two months since I've gotten it, and gawd it's pretty bad. I thought that Guns n' Roses sync would work on me again.... nah.

I've gotten it at 4 straight movies

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Blame game has began and surprise surprise some of the hardcore DCEU fans are blaming WB and Joss Whedon for the changes in Justice League that apparently resulted in its poor box office.

I am betting that Kevin Tsujihara is gone by Christmas.....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Alright holy fuck Wonder is really starting to show its legs at my theatre already what the fuck.

These are numbers not including each movie's last show of the night, so I'm just going to use similar extrapolations from last night (but knowing how bad I am at that the Saturday numbers for the openers are all + or - our equivalent of 1-2M)

Thor - dropping hard, probably our equivalent of 18M weekend. Will be at around our equivalent of $271-275M by the end of the weekend. However, it's showing the biggest drop out of everything we're playing so we may lose it for coco next week just cause everything else is only slightly stronger. Sucks only having 5 screens.

Murder - our equivalent of 18-20M second weekend. Opened to $41.2M here so that's around 55% drop. Meh, it had incredible weekdays so I'm not worried about it.

Daddy's Home - $11.5M Saturday. Had a strangely awful Friday though, so with an okay Sunday hold I'd say 22M give or take for second weekend. Down almost 58% from last weekend (granted, the 4-day holiday meant that Sunday was inflated). Will be at 90+ here after 10 days.

Justice League: 17.6M Saturday after 19.5M Friday. Yea....... no one in this town gives a flying fuck. If that drop is compared to actual box office, that would mean 34.7M Saturday. Huh.

WONDER: that 11M give or take Saturday I gave earlier just went out the fucking window.I thought it would be matinee heavy, but while matinee's were great, evenings were even better. 17.5-18M saturday which means it sold more tickets here today than Justice League. Even without the school group money, it's going to do 33-37M opening here. If I roll in the 3 schools from Friday it would be WELL over 40

• Like 5