DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm kind of rooting for The Commuter to beat Kingsman and Transformers in my stalker list; I only need to get it 5 more times! :kitschjob: 

I just saw the 2nd trailer for the first time yesterday and that shit looks awful. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I'm just locking this for a minute.

I have to say I'm impressed in the old days a thread like this would have been locked at least 5 times.  #BOTisgrowingup

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

I just saw the 2nd trailer for the first time yesterday and that shit looks awful. 

YEP. When I saw TYFYS, I got the second trailer without having seen it before, and it killed any excitement I had for the movie. Granted, that anticipation was already wavering being a mediocre trailer stalker, but now it's just a bad stalker :gold: 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm kind of rooting for The Commuter to beat Kingsman and Transformers in my stalker list; I only need to get it 5 more times! :kitschjob: 

Instead of JL ,going to see Lady Bird Tonight.

We here in Sacramento got it a week early, along with New York,LA, and a couple of other really big cities..at the insistsnec of home town girl Greta Gerwig.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Could someone report to me what was the reaction that people had back in May 2008 when "someone from the future" goes there and tells them that 9 years from their time, there's gonna be a Justice League movie (and this of course just 2 months before The Dark Knight broke the OW record)...... and it will have a smaller opening weekend than this new shiny Iron Man movie starring former addict Robert Downey Jr. that a lot of people had little confidence on.

Don't forget to mention that just a few years prior, Marvel had an Avengers movie and that opened to over 200M, while DC themselves got four 100M+ openings in a row with Man Of Steel, BVS, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. Drop all of these details and THEN tell them that JL went sub-100 on OW.

*the Flash appears in a vision*

"Fire Snyder or Justice Leagues OW will barely beat TASM2!"

"FIRE SNYDER BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!"

"And tell Hillary not to ignore the Rust Belt."

3 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

You can't have a Justice League movie make $700M  worldwide and just move on like nothing happened.  This is a film that if done right could have gotten up around $1.2B.  It will make about half that. 

Sure you can.  You chalk it up to an unfortunate turn of events and then you reboot it with fresh ideas and a fresh vision.  If the DCU can survive Batman and Robin, it can survive this.

• Like 1

As someone who usually goes to a local theater that only shows a specific amount of films, and sometimes skips blockbusters, I've seen plenty of trailers again and again. In particular the Illumation films usually come to our cinema, so Sing and The Secret Life of Pets were constant trailer stalkers for me. 

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Trump: "No one knew building a cinematic universe could be this complicated."

"Make DCEU great again!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I got a trailer for Kingsman and Valerian 21 times each

*takes deep breath*

I got Valerian at Lego Batman, Power Rangers, Ghost in the Shell, The Circle, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, King Arthur, Snatched, Alien: Covenant, Baywatch, Pirates of the Caribbean, It Comes at Night, My Cousin Rachel, Transformers, Rough Night, All Eyez on Me, Book of Henry, Baby Driver, Wonder Woman round 2, The Beguiled, and Spider-Man: Homecoming round 2.

I got Kingsman at King Arthur, Snatched, Alien: Covenant, Baywatch, All Eyez on Me, Baby Driver, Spider-Man: Homecoming, War for the Planet of the Apes, Valerian, Atomic Blonde, Dark Tower, Annabelle: Creation, Logan Lucky, Terminator 2 3D, Detroit, Hitman's Bodyguard, The Big Lebowski, It round 2 (TWICE IN THE SAME SHOW), American Made, and Blade Runner 2049.

• Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Sure you can.  You chalk it up to an unfortunate turn of events and then you reboot it with fresh ideas and a fresh vision.  If the DCU can survive Batman and Robin, it can survive this.

There was no DCU when Batman and Robin was made. Also, the Batman franchise didn't survive. They had to reboot it with Batman Begins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

There was no DCU when Batman and Robin was made. Also, the Batman franchise didn't survive. They had to reboot it with Batman Begins.

The Batman franchise obviously did survive.  They just rebooted it with Batman Begins.  

• Like 1

Favorite trailers since 2015:

1) Thor Ragnarok

2) Logan

3) The Force Awakens

4) Deadpool

5) GotG2 

6) Sing

7) Dr Strange

8) Star Trek Beyond

9) The Last Jedi

Top deceivingly good trailers:

1) Magnificient Seven

2) Ghost in the Shell

3) Assassin's Creed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

The Batman franchise obviously did survive.  They just rebooted it with Batman Begins.  

It had to be completely remade. That isnt survival. They erased all previous incarnations of the Batman movies.

No one is saying there will be no more DC superhero movies. People are only discussing the DCU.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

I think my favorite trailers of the year are:

-Three Billboards

-Valerian (final trailer)

-It (second trailer)

-Wonder Woman (the Imagine Dragons one)

-King Arthur (final trailer)

-Atomic Blonde (all of them)

-Kingsman (second trailer)

-Blade Runner 2049 (first trailer)

-Suburbicon