That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

Isn't this pretty damn early? If so, then DHD estimates - at least for Coco - will go up for sure.

But for the record, IF these numbers were not to change, Moana posted 21.8M on Black Friday, a 119.5% increase from a 9.9M Thursday. A 20.3M Black Friday would be around a 128% increase for Coco... and the movie already had a stronger Thursday hold than Moana did, so maybe the thoughts of Coco being the more backloaded of the two were correct after all. Wom explosion is helping, obviously.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

He really felt like he was part robot. 

The way he was able to create threads, archive information, post every little tidbit about all and any kind of info on superhero and Middle Earth films was impressive but strange. 

Neo would just create threads for pretty much any movie that came into his head, whether it was actually announced or not. Pretty sure that's why he has so many CBM threads.

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Isn't this pretty damn early? If so, then DHD estimates - at least for Coco - will go up for sure.

But for the record, IF these numbers were not to change, Moana posted 21.8M on Black Friday, a 119.5% increase from a 9.9M Thursday. A 20.3M Black Friday would be around a 128% increase for Coco... and the movie already had a stronger Thursday hold than Moana did, so maybe the thoughts of Coco being the more backloaded of the two were correct after all. Wom explosion is helping, obviously.

No, this stuff was from earlier in the morning, but either the full chart updated, or we forgot to post it until now.

• Like 1

A little bit disappointed in Lady Bird's initial expansion. I don't think I've heard word of mouth for an indie film this positive in forever. Seems headed for a 30-40 mil finish as opposed to the 60+ mil it deserves to make. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gopher said:

A little bit disappointed in Lady Bird's initial expansion. I don't think I've heard word of mouth for an indie film this positive in forever. Seems headed for a 30-40 mil finish as opposed to the 60+ mil it deserves to make. 

You gonna give us the deets on Phanton Thread this weekend?

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Gopher said:

I think 50M is still on the table with how weak the first half of December is. It'll have a last squeeze between Oscar nominations and the Blu-Ray release, too.

11 minutes ago, Gopher said:

I legit thought it was a biopic on Lady Bird Johnson from the title and had zero interest in it based on that. So I wonder if other audiences are thinking the same. 

17 minutes ago, Gopher said:

It could pull a Moonlight/Birdman and peak more once Oscar buzz takes off. If WOM is as strong as it seems, I don’t think 50m+ is off the table.

Excuse that @Gopher but Lady Bird could surprise going into these next two weekends before Star Wars. Then January should be interesting how it holds from there $50 million will be great. Because I’m rooting for A24 to have a film make more than $30 million, since their top grossing film has only made $26 million total.

15 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Can I say I didn't realize how dope Phantom Thread lookso until I saw the trailer on the big screenews. It looks dope

I got the trailer at Suburbicon and never realized how loud the trailer sounded. I love me some loud trailers :wub: 

Edited by WrathOfHan