That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

In the top-8, MOTOE is the only one that increases, that too by a big 10%. If it does 13m for 74.6m cume like Deadline predicts, I think 90m is locked even with a big drop next weekend.

It will do ~12m more from rest of the weekends combined, leaving it needing just 3-4m from rest of the weekdays to touch 90m. Should get close to 95m.

It could be the 2017's version of arrival, some late-push required for $100m grosser and it is still pacing slightly ahead of Arrival now which means it is fine to consider the odd of $100m, only that MOTOE isn't receiving oscar bump like arrival in its late-run....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Well 16.5 is better than 16.4 (DHD) I suppose lol. 

$40.1m weekend I’m guessing (-5% Sat, -49% Sun). 

Yeah this looks about right .... hopefully it will have a softer Sunday drop though 

57 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Didn't expect last weekend that we would be talking a 2nd weekend under fantastic beasts, that is just rough no matter how you look at it. 

And lest anyone call me a hater, I haven't seen the film and it is much better for the box office if films succeed instead of fail so I wish it was doing better. 

Not sure what more is left to say about it at this point other than it will be a money loser but by how much? 

Are you serious FB had drops below 40% thats extremely rare. JL drop is ok. Its lower than Thor 2 and it had no competition. Movies with 20-25 million openings. This JL mocking is just pathetic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

Are you serious FB had drops below 40% thats extremely rare. JL drop is ok. Its lower than Thor 2 and it had no competition. Movies with 20-25 million openings. This JL mocking is just pathetic.

Lmao dude, it’s about to drop 56% or so on thanksgiving weekend.  That’s terrible no matter how you want to spin it

• Like 7

I knew there was at least a little bit of an audience for The Star! I'm really happy that people are seeing it and I hope it manages to leg its way through the next few weeks to a nice sum! They did the vest they could with the script they had, and they treated the characters of Mary and Joseph with respect, so in my mind, they really so deserve to gain a profit on this.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

Thor 2 didn't have a freaking holiday weekend.  Justice League is having bad holds after a disastrous opening weekend.  Just accept it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mredman said:

Just when I thought JL's numbers have disappoint the whole world including fans, it's so glad to see that JL box office run didn't disappoint you.....

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

Thor: TDW dropped 22% on Thanksgiving weekend.

Don’t you think you should check the numbers even if you’re just making random claims? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5