aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

Interesting tidbit, even adjusted to ticket inflation, 2016 holds the record for most 300m films. 2017 will be close to a second place tie.

It just shows how lopsided the top has become recently, because it's not as if the BO as a whole is beating other years.

In all honestly, the last really epic movie in terms of scale, length and pathos was probably The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. I know, thats obviously not a "historical" film, but you get the idea.

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

In all honestly, the last really epic movie in terms of scale, length and pathos was probably The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. I know, thats obviously not a "historical" film, but you get the idea.

Are you saying Deadpool wasn't an epic movie???? :apocalypse:

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Blade Runner 2049 came out a few months ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Not probably. It is. Overall, it's still the last benchmark for scale/length/pathos/epicness/spectacle/emotional payoff. There are other movies by genre (TDK for SH, for example), but overall, all genres combined, ROTK was the last in terms you listed.

@MCKillswitch123

06e.jpg

Always.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Astonished 1