aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

12 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

You’re joking right? 1997 = ANH Special Edition, when it retook #1. On the 20th anniversary. So yup, sure did say that! It was 20 years for a reason; SW just did it.

Name me any other movie in history that has had a rerelease as successful as that one.  Lion King was close, but still $40m short. 

I still remember the marketing - "See it again, for the first time."  It was a chance for many to see it in the theater for their very first time.  Add in the Special Edition treatment it got, and the knowledge that a new trilogy was a couple years away and it had a HUGE marketing push.  

If they released it again today, it wouldn't come close to $138m.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

$35.7m international weekend for Justice League.

$567.4m

(international was $7m ahead of what I expected it to be). 

50% weekend drop.

about 40 more dom and ~72 (36*2) more OS gives ~680 ww.

4 minutes ago, Darth Boh-ne'er said:

Name me any other movie in history that has had a rerelease as successful as that one.  Lion King was close, but still $40m short. 

I still remember the marketing - "See it again, for the first time."  It was a chance for many to see it in the theater for their very first time.  Add in the Special Edition treatment it got, and the knowledge that a new trilogy was a couple years away and it had a HUGE marketing push.  

If they released it again today, it wouldn't come close to $138m.  

Well no shit, but it sure wouldn’t make $415,000 either. I think actually re-released in IMAX and off season it would be huge for a re-release. At least $75 million anyway and I could see much more if handled correctly. TOTAL domestic I mean not first weekend lol.

This had me dying, a bit old but hilarious: https://jezebel.com/5898432/i-re-watched-titanic-so-you-dont-have-to-youre-welcome

Edited by JonathanLB

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

Well no shit, but it sure wouldn’t make $415,000 either. I think actually re-released in IMAX and off season it would be huge for a re-release. At least $75 million anyway and I could see much more if handled correctly. TOTAL domestic I mean not first weekend lol.

This had me dying, a bit old but hilarious: https://jezebel.com/5898432/i-re-watched-titanic-so-you-dont-have-to-youre-welcome

Read the first two paragraphs and this is already the worst article I’ve ever read

• Like 1