grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Audience scores:

Jumanji: 88%

Showman: 87%

Shape of Water: 84%

Darkest Hour: 82%

PP3: 66%

Father Figures: 62%

Downsizing: 45%

Woof @ Downsizing's score :jeb!: 

Speaking of audience scores, the other day I was looking at Ferdinand's RT page, and the audience score dropped all the way to 44%. December 15 was the day childhood died.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Downsizing did $425K.

That 2.36x Suburbicon's previews and 44% of Why Him?'s. Ouch.

19 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Speaking of audience scores, the other day I was looking at Ferdinand's RT page, and the audience score dropped all the way to 44%. December 15 was the day childhood died.

I guess that's what happens when there aren't many votes to begin with :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

They probably think it'll only do well in certain areas (it's opening at a ton of places around here on Monday). No point in oversaturating the theater count.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, filmlover said:

To be fair, how much of that is Damon backlash in light of his recent comments?

Very little... but it didn't help matters from a PR standpoint.

Save for The Martian, Damon's box-office track-record has been soft in recent years and Downsizing was always a weird, chancy project. Payne had been working on it for years and delayed it several times.

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Very little... but it didn't help matters from a PR standpoint.

Save for The Martian, Damon's box-office track-record has been soft in recent years and Downsizing was always a weird, chancy project. Payne had been working on it for years and delayed it several times.

Aside from The Great Wall (in which he was at the center of the whitewashing controversy), I wouldn't pin any of the failures of his most recent movies on him. Suburbicon and Downsizing likely sounded like good projects on paper.