grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

3 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Very little... but it didn't help matters from a PR standpoint.

Save for The Martian, Damon's box-office track-record has been soft in recent years and Downsizing was always a weird, chancy project. Payne had been working on it for years and delayed it several times.

Matt saved THOR 3........

• Like 1

You could not pay me to watch Pitch Perfect 3. The first one is really enjoyable and the second one was already a huge step down. This one has looked god awful from the trailers (an acapella group jumping away from explosions?) and the reviews have reflected it.

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

And you may ask yourself, well
How did I get here?

And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful house!
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful wife!

Signed back in after about a year without posting anything just to say this haha

While I'm at it, can someone explain to me what is this trailer stalker thing that WrathofHan and other users do?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

http://deadline.com/2017/12/weinstein-company-board-sale-bids-harvey-weinstein-1202231723/

Weinstein is about to sell their assets. Bidders include:

Lionsgate

Killer Content

Maria Contreras-Sweet (rumored bid of 275M)

Shamrock Capital

Vine Investments

There are two bids for the TV division as well. Apparently WB's 30M acquisition of Paddington 2 is helping them stay afloat :lol: 

ITV will likely buy their TV division as they'll get co-ownership of Project Runway.

Will we get anything for The Post.

Jedi. Simply more competition for its audience. The meltdowns will be epic, but completely unfounded really. 

I still don’t think some have accepted this isn’t Force Awakens. Was never going to be. It’s just a major blockbuster sequel, and performing like one.

It’ll merely have to settle for being in the top 5 or so biggest films of all time. 

General theater update:

All 2D TLJ shows have been sellouts or near sellouts while the 3D shows are typically 55-60% full. It's performing a bit better than the weekdays thanks to 3D filling up more.

Jumanji's been doing great all day. The morning show sold out with the 1:45 3D close to selling out. The 2:45 3D in the smallest auditorium filled up halfway and sold 30/60, and the rest of the night looks very strong.

PP3 has also been doing very well. Outside of the super early show that only sold like 5 tickets, the following two shows sold 54 and 42 seats respectively. The main night show has already over 40 seats, but the theater will be entering the post-afternoon/pre-evening lull soon where everything performs the weakest.

Showman definitely plays better earlier in the day than it does in the afternoon. The show in half an hour has only sold 2 tickets, while my 5:10 show only has 7 seats sold. It went from 30-40 seats at each show (on 2 screens!) to where it is now. The evening shows are lacking compared to other movies, too.

Downsizing keeps improving as the day goes along. The first show sold 25, the second 27, and the one in about 5 minutes is at 31 tickets currently. Pretty decent start; the 7-7.5M range seems good as long as WOM doesn't spread that quickly.

Ferdinand's 2D shows are doing well with 20-30 tickets, but -shocker!- 3D is selling like bullshit. I imagine the 3D shows will be scrapped next week.

Coco's been selling in the low-20s for both showings.

Father Figures is doing the worst out of any movie today. The first two shows sold 10 and 14 seats, and the one in 10 minutes isn't far behind at 9 seats :rofl: 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i love that song, talking heads are my favourite band, but no other trailer ever needs to use it. please.

Oh, didn't, see that someone had already quoted another part of the song, nor did I know the trailer for downsizing used the song.

• Like 1