grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

I have to admit that box office punditry is a little bit funny. Here, we have a movie that is tearing through the box office and people are kind of hinting that it is disappointing. This movie is doing things that only a handful of movies have ever done. It is going to coast to one billion dollars. I am in awe of how these Star Wars movies demolish the box office.

• Like 2

Looks like the choice for the family Christmas movie will be between

All the Money in the World

Darkest Hour

Downsizing

The Greatest Showman

or Lady Bird

Showtimes fitting into schedule and family consensus pending

1 minute ago, Reyhawk said:

TLJ is much better the 2nd time. One of the best blockbusters of the decade.

The first time i watched it all the events were just...so much to take in. I was overwhelmed, it was stressfull (in a good way) at parts.

The second time i fell in love with it.

I look forward to the 3rd, 4th and 5th time.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Looks like the choice for the family Christmas movie will be between

All the Money in the World

Darkest Hour

Downsizing

The Greatest Showman

or Lady Bird

Showtimes fitting into schedule and family consensus pending

Only seen Lady Bird out of these (will be seeing Showman in an hour), but I'd pick All the Money in the World for that Ridley Scott goodness.

I do have to say something...the words "disappointing" and "underwhelming" being described to a movie that had a $220m OW is the most ridiculous thing ever. 

Even if this film "collapses" in comparison to TFA, it's still one of the biggest films of the last two decades. No matter how much it falls, to describe this film's performance as anything less than gargantuan is why some people need a pineapple shoved up their asses.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i love that song, talking heads are my favourite band, but no other trailer ever needs to use it. please.

At least wait until you see Lil Yachty remix is used for Aquaman before you take that hard stance, bruh.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

I just watched Darkest Hour and Molly’s Game on screener last night. Thoroughly enjoyed both, and I think in some ways both are similar as they are powered by great individual performance. Big thumbs up to both from me.

I also really enjoyed The Post. I don’t think I even have to mention that I hated Lady Bird and Call Me By Your Name. Not my cup of tea whatsoever. At least I tried. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I do have to say something...the words "disappointing" and "underwhelming" being described to a movie that had a $220m OW is the most ridiculous thing ever. 

Even if this film "collapses" in comparison to TFA, it's still one of the biggest films of the last two decades. No matter how much it falls, to describe this film's performance as anything less than gargantuan is why some people need a pineapple shoved up their asses.

It's only "disappointing" if you were hoping to take down Avatar again, or if you were that one poster who had the dream of Ep 7,8,9 occupying the Top 3 spots on the Domestic Chart.

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I guess you can say that's the way the jedi "crumbles". :sparta:

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

I just watched Darkest Hour and Molly’s Game on screener last night. Thoroughly enjoyed both, and I think in some ways both are similar as they are powered by great individual performance. Big thumbs up to both from me.

I also really enjoyed The Post. I don’t think I even have to mention that I hated Lady Bird and Call Me By Your Name. Not my cup of tea whatsoever. At least I tried. 

I'm trying to get a clear psychological profile from this and drawing a blank.

Can't get a solid read.

Probably shouldn't have dropped outta CIA psychological forensics school. 

Can you give me a hot take on Shape of Water and Disaster Artist?