grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

6 hours ago, grim22 said:

I'm wondering if TLJ will see a bump on the 27th due to it being Carrie Fisher's death anniversary. Fans might want to pay their tributes by watching it in theaters that day.

At the nearest cinema (Germany) to me that day has larger presales (25% higher) than both today and tomorrow 

5 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Yeah, over. Mixed fan reaction or not it’ll be (correctly) marketed as the final episode of the trilogy and people are going to be curious to see what happens. Less incentive to wait for home video among the GA too because it finishes the trilogy so if you caught TLJ at home and ended up liking it after all, you’ll be more curious to see things off properly.

The calendar is awesome for IX, and it opens late enough that it’ll have a monster day every day for two weeks basically. What constitutes monster, well, that’ll be decided by the OW I suppose but I see that movie making a killing in its first two weeks and three weekends, then it’ll have pretty much played out. Not to say that in a negative way but it’ll crush for those 17 days and then do what most movies do in the early part of a year, play out to smaller numbers while the stragglers see it.

I actually think the same, most would want to see how this trilogy ends, furthermore they brought back JJ Abrams for this. 

And I think the same about the Calendar.

Christmas Eve on Tuesday means the weekends won't be effected and both the 25th and 26th are part of the first week (Wednesday & Thursday), I think that will be a giant first week (I would guess the only week from any releases in the near future that has a chance of grossing something that is less than 50Mio lower (so 340+ Mio $ (Of course I hope it will be the First film with a 400 Mio $ first Week, but for that I think the Opening needs to be really close to TFAs one (like 240+ Mio Close) and it would need great reception)) than TFAs first week (I doubt JW is able to do that, same for Avengers Infinity War, the only one I think might have an outside Chance is The Lion King if Disney does everything right)

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

There will be two more years of inflation for IX. If it can't hit 200 when TFA will be pushing 300 adjusted, then that would mean TLJ will have had far worse WOM than any of us even imagined. TLJ's OW should be the floor for IX's, or something went wrong. 

I think TFA will adjust to something like 275 Mio $.

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yes, because I'm talking in terms of admissions. 

I think even average ticket prices won't take it that far up, because there are just 4 years inbetween.

From 2008 to 2012 they increased by roughly 10 percent (would be close to 275 Mio for TFA adjusted in 2019) and by 9% between 2012 and 2016 (=> 270 Mio $)

5 hours ago, GadnukBreakerOfWorlds said:

Interesting. The longest reign was Jurassic Park 2. So if TFA's record can hold through June 2020 it will have the longest time on top. In that timeframe I'm thinking IW or Avengers 4 has the best shot to beat it, no? 

I agree with you, but I still think both might fall short by a bit (like opening to TLJ numbers), but I also think that if Disney does everything right SW IX has a chance (and I have honestly no idea how TLK will perform, I can see everything between 80 and 250 Mio right now, because it is so far out).

1 hour ago, vc2002 said:

I wonder when we will have the first $800m film.

Episode IX or something like that.

26 minutes ago, The Greatest Rth said:

J very close 

18 minutes ago, The Greatest Rth said:

getting warm 

So if 18.xx is very close and 16.xx is getting warm...

Okay honestly, I am really confused right now, but I am laughing because I have no idea what that means.

Also how do you come up with this pictures??

7 minutes ago, The Greatest Rth said:

Thank you so much

Estimate was 14.6 if the Saturday holds with 29.178 Mio, that would be just a 40% Drop and a weekend of 71,26 (-67,6%), would be good.

So for 100 Mio four-day Weekend it would need 28,4 Mio (just a 65.2% increase) should be doable.

And 

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 1

Actually one more thing, because I'm a mean snarky SOB when I'm super tired.

Wow that negative WOM sure is kicking in, huh? :)

===

FTR: R1 had a 33% drop on XMas Eve Sat | 17.4 gives us 40.3% drop on XMas Eve Sun

I think that is damn fantastic all things considered.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5