Rthmessiah

Wednesday Numbers(27/12/17):TLJ $22m

1 minute ago, Christmas baumer said:

Right. His number to the actual was within 3%. So he was pretty much bang on. Now you're getting into troll territory.

Troll territory? What are you even talking about?

I'm saying it would be wise to wait until we get actuals for a completely accurate number. TLJ's actual figure yesterday dropped nearly $600k from the early-morning estimates of $28.3m, so it's possible the same could happen with today's $21.5m early-morning figure.

• Like 1

Next Few Days Predictions:

Jumanji:

14.6m (-4%)

17.2m (+17.5%)

17.5m (+2%)

11.4m (-35%)

14m (+22.5%)

$179m 13 Day Total

$46.1m 3 Day (+26.5%)

$60.1m 4 Day (+8.5%)

------------------------------------------------------------------

The Last Jedi:

20.4m (-7.5%)

24.5m (+20%)

25.2m (+3%)

17m (-32.5%)

20m (+17.5%)

$552.1m 17 Day Total

$66.7m 3 Day (-6.8%)

$86.7m 4 Day (-12.4%)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

PP3:

6.2m (-7.5%)

7.8m (+25%)

8.2m (+5%)

5.2m (-37.5%)

6.2m (+20%)

$74.2m 11 Day Total

$21.2m 3 Day (+6%)

$27.4m 4 Day (+3.8%)

• Like 1

Just now, hw64 said:

Troll territory? What are you even talking about?

I'm saying it would be wise to wait until we get actuals for a completely accurate number. TLJ's actual figure yesterday dropped nearly $600k from the early-morning estimates of $28.3m, so it's possible the same could happen with today's $21.5m early-morning figure.

Yea troll.

The minute you start questioning RTH you are a troll. Plain and simple.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Sand-omJC said:

Are people actually, with all serious intent, quibbling about 500K difference between what we get from Rth?

I mean, I get wanting as accurate as possible, but...I mean...I don't have words.

Only the trolls are.

• Like 6

Domestic and overseas numbers are almost playing the same way.  446 million overseas ( updated ) and 444 million domestic ( if we include the 21.5 million from yesterday ).

I guess both will end the same way ( 640-680 million domestic and almost the same overseas or perhaps less ). This is rare for a blockbuster. Usually most of the money come from overseas markets, but Star Wars has always been a domestic moster. :)

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

Walking aroujnd the mall waiting for my Downsizing showing to start, and I overheard a convo a little boy and his mom were having:

Boy: "I want to see Star Wars!"

Mom: "But It's 2 and a half hours, so I'm not sure you'll be able to stay awake."

That runtime is affecting the box office, folks!

15 minutes ago, hw64 said:

Yesterday, Rth's figure was $28.2m, the early-morning estimates were $28.3m, and then the actual figure was $27.7m.

Today, $22m from Rth, $21.5m from early-morning estimates, so it'd be wise to wait until actuals.

Rth's numbers are usually the actuals. :)

So, no need to wait. XD

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Domestic and overseas numbers are almost playing the same way.  446 million overseas ( updated ) and 444 million domestic ( if we include the 21.5 million from yesterday ).

I guess both will end the same way ( 640-680 million domestic and almost the same overseas or perhaps less ). This is rare for a blockbuster. Usually most of the money come from overseas markets, but Star Wars has always been a doemstic moster. :)

That would make this box office run even more interesting.

1 minute ago, Christmas baumer said:

Yea troll.

The minute you start questioning RTH you are a troll. Plain and simple.

There's no need to react like this because I made a post you disagree with about the Star Wars franchise's overseas/worldwide future.

Rth is never 100% accurate, and I'll repeat for a second time that I merely said that we should wait until actuals for a fully accurate number, as yesterday Rth's estimate was off $100k from the early-morning figure which was off $600k from actuals, while today Rth's figure is off $500k from early-morning estimates which could similarly be off $600k from actuals like yesterday.

• ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I guess both will end the same way ( 640-680 million domestic and almost the same overseas or perhaps less ). This is rare for a blockbuster. Usually most of the money come from overseas markets, but Star Wars has always been a domestic moster. :)

You forget that there is China still coming up ;)

If the domestic and current international markets end up even, China would boost the international side, even if it would just be by 40-50m.

4 minutes ago, hw64 said:

There's no need to react like this because I made a post you disagree with about the Star Wars franchise's overseas/worldwide future.

Rth is never 100% accurate, and I'll repeat for a second time that I merely said that we should wait until actuals for a fully accurate number, as yesterday Rth's estimate was off $100k from the early-morning figure which was off $600k from actuals, while today Rth's figure is off $500k from early-morning estimates which could similarly be off $600k from actuals like yesterday.

You have no idea who RTH is and how he gets his numbers. So please, stop. It's annoying at this point. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, hw64 said:

Not 100% sure why we should wait. unless Rth is massively wrong on the # it's accurate enough to discuss, and make predictions/discuss for the weekend.

• Like 4

I'm through responding to hw64 until he actually wants to talk rationally. Until then enjoy spouting off your agenda. All youre doing is making yourself look like a buffoon. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Only because of Avatar's OS numbers.

Which it relied heavily on.

Only ? Avatar was also the biggest domestic unadjusted title by a large amount for more than 5 year's.

Yes it is the biggest movie of all time pretty much from is OS number alone, but it was also really big domestic.

• Thanks 1