grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

LOL!!  Thank you for proving my point.  

Sheesh, for a guy that lives on a website that is obsessive about data and the tracking of an industry based on numbers and mathematics, to want to fall back on anecdotal is bizarre.  

You really are a clueless poster, aren't you?  Why don't you stick to what you are good at, reading numbers from your computer and reporting them to us.  Because other than that, you are just an annoying member here for the most part without an ounce of objectivity in you.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I sometimes give him shit for what he likes and doesn't, but this isn't about that.  If he didn't like the film that would be more than fine, but the bipolar schitzo of HATED to LOVED to #NOTMYSTARWARS is absurd.  

But why does it matter to you if 'perhaps' he is bipolar about it? 

I guess I don't understand why people care about what others think. I for one hate Twilight, like it's the crappiest films in this decade I have seen. However, I have friends who like it and I don't care if they like it. I love films that people shit on, but it doesn't phase me. I've just accepted reality and what makes diversity great: There will always be a film that will do either of two things at least: there will always be a film that someone will find and like (and yes, this includes films so bad like Dragonball Evolution, I'm sure there are some lone bastards that think it's the greatest thing), OR, there will always be a film that someone will find and loathe, no matter how many people call is amazing or like it. 

This is life.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Not a flip flop.  I hated it the first time. 

Went back the second and tried to convince myself I liked it a lot more.

Saw it a third, didn't hate it as much as the first and didn't like it as much as the second.

That isn't true at all.  You raved about it after the second viewing.  

3 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

I guess I don't understand why people care about what others think. I for one hate Twilight, like it's the crappiest films in this decade I have seen. However, I have friends who like it and I don't care if they like it. I love films that people shit on, but it doesn't phase me. I've just accepted reality and what makes diversity great: There will always be a film that will do either of two things at least: there will always be a film that someone will find and like (and yes, this includes films so bad like Dragonball Evolution, I'm sure there are some lone bastards that think it's the greatest thing), OR, there will always be a film that someone will find and loathe, no matter how many people call is amazing or like it. 

This is life.

Stop it, you are making too much sense.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Christmas baumer said:

Not a flip flop.  I hated it the first time. 

Went back the second and tried to convince myself I liked it a lot more.

Saw it a third, didn't hate it as much as the first and didn't like it as much as the second.

Yeah, I can't do that with movies I really don't like...like for BvS, I'm sure my "F" grade was probably too harsh, but I already felt like my 1st 2.5 hours was wasted, so wasting another 2.5 is like sending good money after bad, just to say "nah, I over-reacted, it's really a D"...Let alone if I had to buy tickets out of pocket - I could use that money and time for potentially more enjoyable movies like Coco or Wonder:)...

1 minute ago, Christmas baumer said:

You really are a clueless poster, aren't you?  Why don't you stick to what you are good at, reading numbers from your computer and reporting them to us.  Because other than that, you are just an annoying member here for the most part without an ounce of objectivity in you.

Lol, and there are the sour grapes folks.  This a few days after he was tagging me kissing my ass for calling Jumanji as going to be a huge hit before anyone else did.  

2 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

This is life.

Because we are trying to discuss the data and analytics and numbers of the film and then he busts into the thread declaring bad WOM because him and his buddies and some facebook posts and twitter say they didn't like it.  He is emotional about the film and isn't being objective on any level.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol, and there are the sour grapes folks.  This a few days after he was tagging me kissing my ass for calling Jumanji as going to be a huge hit before anyone else did.  

Kissing your ass?  Wow, you really are a neomaxizeeneddweebie.

My god, what a delusional person you are.  

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

This is why many posters here can't stand Empire.  He's a brash arrogant cocky nuisance who only sees what he chooses to, even if the evidence is all around him.

• Like 2

Here’s some data. TLJ opened smaller by almost $30m and will end up with around a 3.0 multiplier, whereas TFA opened almost $30m bigger and finished with nearly 3.8 multiplier. 

Usually a bigger opening equals more frontloading and a weaker multiplier, yet the opposite has happened with these two movies. 

Spin as much as you want. TLJ has nowhere near TFA’s word of mouth. Not saying it has bad WOM either. It’s just not incredible. 

• Like 4

Makes me sad, seems a bit harsh :( I think you’re both great posters, you just disagree on one thing. I think it’s not productive to make it so personal. Baumer that sounded kind of mean, like give us the numbers you worthless sack of shit lol. It made me feel bad for Empire. You two should kiss and make up. New year, new you! :D

Edited by JonathanLB
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Makes me sad, seems a bit harsh :( I think you’re both great posters, you just disagree on one thing. I think it’s not productive to make it so personal. Baumer that sounded kind of mean, like give us the numbers you worthless sack of shit lol. It made me feel bad for Empire. You two should kiss and makeup. New year, new you! :D

LOL, it's the truth.  He doesn't contribute anything else to this place except the occasional early numbers.  The rest of the time he just insults people if they don't agree with him.  Empire is a big boy, he can take some criticism.  

• Like 1