cannastop

Johnny English Strikes Again | September 20th, 2018

8 hours ago, AJG said:

The first was decent, the second was abysmal, this one doesn’t look good either.

I think most of the humor was pretty much used up in the first film.

At times, you just got to know when all the possible laughs in a concept have been milked.

I suspect this will be the last Johnny English film unless they reboot it with a younger actor, Rowan Atkinson is 63 and given there has been 7-8 year gaps between films, it's unlikely he'll want to do a fourth film when he's 70-71. 

I just checked its box office numbers and I'm pleasantly surprised at how consistent the first 2 movies were OS. Only 8M DOM for the second movie though, ouch.  I wonder how hard they'll try to push this movie in The US considering how the second movie performed there.

• Like 1

Just now, Arlborn said:

I just checked its box office numbers and I'm pleasantly surprised at how consistent the first 2 movies were OS. Only 8M DOM for the second movie though, ouch.  I wonder how hard they'll try to push this movie in The US considering how the second movie performed there.

Universal knows these sorts of films do more business OS, the US release is really an afterthought, it was the same with Bridget Jones's Baby, that made more money in the UK than the US.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AndyK said:

Poor Rowan, he should have known when a concept is done.

He did, previously. Blackadder and Mr. Bean's original TV runs were both done when he thought they'd done all they could with it. Obviously he later did reprisals of both but you know.

8 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Movie is already online...

I've just noticed that there's a good quality copy flying around...Wow! Jesus Christ!

Movie came out in some countries already.

I saw it was leaked this morning and I was curious as to how.