That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Marvel going #1 and #2 domestic this year sounds like its happening! What a great time for Feige to be renewing his contract. Get that money Kevin!!

Disney might have the top 3, all over $500M!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Don't worry I won't get too far into this, but I wonder if some WB exec is thinking maybe we should put Cyborg on the fast track

The Cyborg in The JL is about as interesting as watching paint dry. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

I'm just not feeling JW2's marketing right now, but who knows. That will obviously do more WW than BP but domestically I think BP has a great shot.

I meant JW will beat Infinity War. If black panther really turns out a 200M opening then I can't see infinity war outgrossing it. BP will have way stronger legs than Avengers and it's had previews to match so seems like it will be #1 for the year. Or, I could be wrong and it's super front loaded. We'll see. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Didn't know Jurassic World was part of the MCU.

Jurassic World 2 will decline alot domestically, through the OS total still puts it above a $1.1 billion mark.

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

Don't worry I won't get too far into this, but I wonder if some WB exec is thinking maybe we should put Cyborg on the fast track. 

Cyborg is the whitest black superhero of all time. Fuck that.

DC’s Top 3 Black Superheroes 

Static

latest?cb=20160218185114

John Stewart

latest?cb=20160803112748

and maybe Vixen

eccd3db01b936e7d52c17ca3539f7b32.jpg

And I mean quite literally that is all they’ve got.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I can see it, depending on how much Fallen Kingdom makes (anywhere from $380M-$520M imo)

Yeah I see

1. Black Panther- 450M+

2/3. Jurassic World/Incredibles 2- 415-450M

4. Avengers- 375-400M

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

I meant JW will beat Infinity War. If black panther really turns out a 200M opening then I can't see infinity war outgrossing it. BP will have way stronger legs than Avengers and it's had previews to match so seems like it will be #1 for the year. Or, I could be wrong and it's super front loaded. We'll see. 

The IW reaching is a bit ridic. The hype for BP just feeds into the hype for IW.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yeah I see

1. Black Panther- 450M+

4. Avengers- 375-400M

I do not see how IW will gross less then GOTG2 if the movie features the GOTG

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yeah I see

1. Black Panther- 450M+

4. Avengers- 375-400M

More like:

1.) Panther $450M-$550M

2.) Incredibles 2 $440M-$525M

3/4.) Infinity/Kingdom $380M-$520M (more like $420M-$520M for IW) but that’s my range for both, I can see them ending similarly)

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I do not see how IW will gross less then GOTG2 if the movie features the GOTG

I don’t see how CW did less than Ultron with Spider-Man.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Cyborg is the whitest black superhero of all time. Fuck that.

DC’s Top 3 Black Superheroes 

Static

latest?cb=20160218185114

John Stewart

latest?cb=20160803112748

and maybe Vixen

eccd3db01b936e7d52c17ca3539f7b32.jpg

And I mean quite literally that is all they’ve got.

I’m glad somebody finally said this cuz I’m not understanding this Cyborg discussion.

If, somehow, Marvel has a one-two punch of 200M+ 3-day openings (I personally don't wanna overhype the possibility of Panther getting to a 200M 3-day atm), that might be the most impressive franchise BO pull of all time.

Should that happen (and should Panther cross 500M and Infinity War around Ultron numbers), do not be surprised if Ant-Man 2 is closer to 100 than the 85 range of Thor 2/Dr. Strange that a lot of us expect. The boost 'gon be real.

Also, I'm convinced at this point that Captain Marvel will pull at least 95M OW, possibly 100+ too. It may not be as big of an event as Wonder Woman on paper, but WW had the disadvantage of following BVS and Suicide Squad (despite her own presence in BVS being an advantage on her side). CM, on the other hand, has the MCU hype all over its tail (especially if Panther pulls off the unlikely achievement of becoming the 1st major cbm to have a Best Picture nomination), as well as audience thirst for more diverse superhero movies.

• Like 4