That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

3 minutes ago, Alexiswills12 said:

They won’t cry about it, of course. But I think they’d want the movie they’ve been building up to for 10 years and have multiple sequels planned for already to be their star.

I don’t think ”IW fails to match BP’s opening weekend/total gross” is their preference when it comes to headlines and public perception. 

That’s fair. However I think bp only has a chance of outcrossing domestically, and there are several clear reasons behind why that’s happened. Doesn’t have a shot we, IMO.  But after this weekend, who knows. Lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:
ROGUE ONE         Feb 17–20 18 $996,014 -33.4% 435 -494 $2,290 $528,807,482 10
THE LAST JEDI   Feb 16–19 22 $807,000
(Estimate)
-42.3% 351 -479 $2,299 $618,229,777
(Estimate)

RO added 3.38 more. Gives TLJ 2.74 more for 621 dom.

I was expecting it to receive a boost from drive-in double features with Panther. Doesn't seem to be the case. Number looks pretty normal. It will be interesting to see if Panther can make a good run at Last Jedi and Avengers in the 620's.

Marketing from here on out for IW should be Black Panther front and center. Disney is stupid if they don't put him as the new leader of the Avengers when RDJ and Chris Evan's leave. This would make BANK.... My proposal.

What do you all think?

New Team

Black Panther

See the source image

San Wilson - Captain America

See the source image

Hulk 

See the source image

Captain Marvel

See the source image

Spider-Man 

See the source image

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I was expecting it to receive a boost from drive-in double features with Panther. Doesn't seem to be the case. Number looks pretty normal. It will be interesting to see if Panther can make a good run at Last Jedi and Avengers in the 620's.

Looks like that privilege went to Coco

19 23 Coco BV $962,000 +8.5% 385 -448 $2,499 $207,442,667 - 13

4 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

Marketing from here on out for IW should be Black Panther front and center. Disney is stupid if they don't put him as the new leader of the Avengers when RDJ and Chris Evan's leave. This would make BANK.... My proposal.

What do you all think?

New Team

Black Panther

See the source image

San Wilson - Captain America

See the source image

Hulk 

See the source image

Captain Marvel

See the source image

Spider-Man 

See the source image

The REAL spider man not him...

+Doctor strange

+Black widow

+Guardians

maybe Namor 

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

What do you all think?

Spider-Man 

See the source image

That's fine, no need to change out Tom Holland though.  Fans like him pretty much more than any previously cast spiderman actor and they'd be silly to get rid of him.

Oh and I'm pretty sure Thor will be out in the next couple years too (maybe sooner).  Thor, Cap, IM have each had their trilogies, time to move on from them.  If you really want to diversify there's Lady Thor.  =)

Edited by REC
  • Like 1