That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Love simon will be a big hit foe sure. The book is very popular. i know trailer views don't mean much but the trailer is getting lots of views. And apparently it's a huge crowd pleaser from early screenings and is family friendly.  Teenage girls and gays will flock to it. 100 million definitely possible imo. 

Edited by ban1o

Am I the only one thinking that BP will do more than Infinity War?

From what I am reading, Panther's huge success has been propelled by African Americans and has gotten people to theaters to watch a Marvel flick that normally wouldn't have come. For me it has broken the Marvel boarders right now and has a more wide target audience. I don't see Infinity War doing any of these. 

It will be a Wonder Woman-Justice League scenario but at a far smaller scale.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Breakouts:

Simon over $100M

Rampage over $250M

Uncle Drew over Like Mike and highest grossing comedy of the summer 

HT3 over $170M

Skyscraper over San Andreas

The Nun over $150M

Halloween over $200M

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
Removed I2 over $500M because I’ve said it enough
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Am I the only one thinking that BP will do more than Infinity War?

From what I am reading, Panther's huge success has been propelled by African Americans and has gotten people to theaters to watch a Marvel flick that normally wouldn't have come. For me it has broken the Marvel boarders right now and has a more wide target audience. I don't see Infinity War doing any of these. 

It will be a Wonder Woman-Justice League scenario but at a far smaller scale.

Infinity War should open bigger, but I think it will be a lot more frontloaded. Black Panther has a great chance to finish with the bigger domestic total.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Breakouts:

Simon over $100M

Rampage over $250M

I2 over $500M

Uncle Drew over Like Mike and highest grossing comedy of the summer 

HT3 over $170M

Skyscraper over San Andreas

The Nun over $150M

Halloween over $200M

Venom over $200M. In Legend Hardy we trust, right @Telehilation?

9 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

It's interesting to see big A list celebrities tweeting about BP. Has this ever happened before? 

The same thing happened

Guardians of the Galaxy

Hidden Figures

Adele NBC special :)

Vanessa Hudgens in Grease :P

and these are just the top “Celebrities praise” search results.

They just love to be part of an event like everyone else.

(And in this case, of course, many of the big names tweeting cash Marvel checks.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vc2002 said:

So, BP's 4-day really is going to beat JL's DOM after all, isn't it?

I'm still trying to understand how this is surprising?  And why is it a comparison?  BP is going to beat every team up movie except maybe the first Avengers.   This is about much more than just another super hero movie.  I see some here are still failing to realize the momentum BP had going for it and the difference between this which is a real film and most CBMs that have nothing to say..  

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Infinity War should open bigger, but I think it will be a lot more frontloaded. Black Panther has a great chance to finish with the bigger domestic total.

I don't even know if Infinity War will open bigger.

Now their are three films between 201 and 209M on Opening Weekend and TLJ with 220 and TFA with 248.

I think IW will fall in the same range (200-210)

But will be hit by Deadpool, Solo and the legs in June won't matter.

So think IW might finish below 500, while BP has a big chance at finishing above (I am not 100% certain it does so)