That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm thinking like 75/200 at most, but that ain't bad

More like 90 / 240 or something. Will be the lowest grossing Marvel film in some time, but it should get a boost from Marvel's consistency and success. The trailer has generally gotten a good reaction at every film I've seen it with, which (at least around here), is a good sign. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

It's very solid. Rudd is well-cast, and the train climax is a lot of fun too. I think Ant Man & The Wasp is being underestimated a bit. Won't make BP numbers, but it doesn't have to.  

Of course it is being underestimated here. A light hearted , clever , summer marvel superhero film is bound to do great. Some people will never learn anyway...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

If I recognize that theater correctly, that theater carries 800 people. No reserved seating. 1 auditorium.

It sold out at least 3-4 hours ahead of the 7pm showing I tried getting into yesterday 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I wonder how much better Thor 1 and CA1 would be under the current MCU team.

Those films so basic in comparison to what exists now.

I still enjoy those movies.

They have more heart than most give them credit.

Having said the Marvel Studios is on another level with phase 3. By the end they will be legendary.

• Like 2

Just now, grey ghost said:

I still enjoy those movies.

They have more heart than most give them credit.

Having said the Marvel Studios is on another level with phase 3. By the end they will be legendary.

I mean people tell me GotG2 and to a lesser degree Ranarok are good but phase 3 has had two terrible movies. 

4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I didn't see Ant-Man till last year and honestly it struck me as one of their most tossed-off movies. With Rudd probably their blandest main character. A few isolated visually fun moments do not a good movie make. 

Sometimes I’m just really easy to please and if you stuck Michael Pena in every other Marvel movie I’d probably feel the same way. But Ant Man instead gets the Pena uniqueness factor

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Of course it is being underestimated here. A light hearted , clever , summer marvel superhero film is bound to do great. Some people will never learn anyway...

And the first Ant-Man film was generally well-received. I think it's just being underestimating, because of the fact that it's not as big as the other MCU films, that and the characters concept and powers. It's clear at this point though, that Marvel can probably make anything a hit. 

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I can't imagine anything more limp dick than how DC handled Justice League, but then I remember that they also have those new Harry Potter movies everyone already forgot existed. And I love Harry Potter!

Unlike JL2, Fantastic Beasts 2 was fast tracked.

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

If I recognize that theater correctly, that theater carries 800 people. No reserved seating. 1 auditorium.

It sold out at least 3-4 hours ahead of the 7pm showing I tried getting into yesterday 

I thought you were in Texas? Did you move?

18 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Hot take: Ant-Man is an upper tier Marvel movie and Paul Rudd is hilarious. He feels like a real (funny) human in the middle of all this serious ass boom bang shit. 

I had more fun watching Ant-Man than any Avengers or GOTG.

In fact, it is what I envision when people talk about that infamous Marvel formula. Take a ridiculous kiddie book on a B or Z movie premise and run away with it with solid comedic beats and genuine care for its stock characters with none of that infinity stone gibberish, the scope of the story being scaled down to utmost simplicity.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I am going to watch a movie. Someone help me pick.

Shutter Island

Bringing Out the Dead

The Aviator

Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore

Kundun

Bringing Out The Dead. It's one of Scorsese's more underrated films. It's damn good. 

• Thanks 1