That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 hour ago, ThePhasmid said:

Blade, Iron Man, Winter Soldier, and Black Panther. Regardless of what you think about their quality, these were the game changers for the MCU.

I’d say Guardians 1 was.  It showed Marvel could pretty much do what they wanted.  If that failed I think they just stick to the core group of Iron Man Cap maybe Thor

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Disney just dropped the teaser for their biggest Summer release. This time they’re giving us a remake of a remake, they’re going next level:

Looked it up and apparently it's based on a stage musical version (there was already a stage version)? And the daughter is looking like she needs to graduate to the "older sister in college" stage of her Disney Channel career. Were all the stars from Stuck in the Middle or Andi Mack too busy?

The talk of Tom Hanks as Indy reminds me of how The da Vinci Code book actually described the Robert Langdon character as looking like Harrison Ford in tweed (repeatedly, the whole book is an eye roller yet strangely unputdownable). Obviously that wouldn't work when they made the first movie, so I guess Tom Hanks thought channeling Bono was a better idea?  :D

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

if it wasn't for tucci harrelson would be the bald actor with the best wig collection for sure.

I Googled Tucci to see how much he shaves off and found a "bald actors when they had hair" slideshow with both him and Harrelson. Crazy!

erLYKdUKrOBl.jpg

9YdiCAS4_Gjl.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

This is an amazing weekend! This is even more exciting than The Last Jedi to be honest. February 2018 should match February 2012’s record if not pass it. 

March won’t be like last year since the first weekend will have a so-so hit with Red Sparrow, and Death Wish could open modest. A Wrinkle In Time could have a solid debut. Tomb Raider is a toss-up it needs a $30-$35 million debut. Pacific Rim 2 will bomb. Ready Player One should do pretty good.

April will be more modest budget profits like A Quiet Place, Blockers, I Feel Pretty. Truth Or Dare, and Overboard. Rampage is 50/50, should do sucessful but it’s facing a huge May, two weeks later. 

May should Infinity War, Solo(yeah I know it’s a dud), and Deadpool 2. Life Of The Party will play like Hot Pursuit.

June’s big stackers will be Incredibles 2, Jurassic World 2, and to a smaller extent Ocean’s 8. Everything else should be ok or duds.

July is insanely packed. Antman 2 should do Thor 2 numbers. Purge 4 should either do Anarchy or Election Year numbers. HT3 will make Cars 3 numbers. Skyscraper will be a hit and do maybe San Andreas numbers if good. Equalizer 2 needs a damn trailer for me to decide. MI6 should do Star Trek Beyond numbers. Mamá Mía 2 is My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 2.0. 

August is DOA, let’s decide as it gets closer. 

September has The Nun which should do Annabelle 2 or Conjuring 2 numbers. The Predator will have overseas that’s it. House With The Clock In It’s Walls needs a trailer. Night School should do well for counter programming in an adult October coming its way. 

October at this point is a mixed bag. Venom could be like Blade Runner 2049 or The Martian. First Man should be a word of mouth and possibly play the same way as comparable adult dramas such as Argo, Bridge Of Spies, or even Captain Phillips. Halloween should PA3 level numbers or Happy Death Day. 

Novemver and December is TBD

MI6 is gonna do MUCH better than Star Trek Beyond.....

6 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Looked it up and apparently it's based on a stage musical version (there was already a stage version)? And the daughter is looking like she needs to graduate to the "older sister in college" stage of her Disney Channel career. Were all the stars from Stuck in the Middle or Andi Mack too busy?

I spent way too long trying to figure out which one of the 2 characters was meant to be the daughter. Girl looks like Ellen.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
9 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

The talk of Tom Hanks as Indy reminds me of how The da Vinci Code book actually described the Robert Langdon character as looking like Harrison Ford in tweed (repeatedly, the whole book is an eye roller yet strangely unputdownable). Obviously that wouldn't work when they made the first movie, so I guess Tom Hanks thought channeling Bono was a better idea?  :D

Umm are you not aware of the Jamie Lee Curtis/Lindsay Lohan (back before Lohan went crazy) movie? It was a pretty big hit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Disney just dropped the teaser for their biggest Summer release. This time they’re giving us a remake of a remake, they’re going next level:

Looks like their DCOM budgets still haven't moved from the 1999-2007 golden age. But seriously, what a run Disney Channel had there. I was all for it.

11 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Looks like their DCOM budgets still haven't moved from the 1999-2007 golden age. But seriously, what a run Disney Channel had there. I was all for it.

They really haven’t. This scene from Descendents 2 is currently my favourite horrifically underbudgeted Disney Channel moment

Edit. Might be tied with this

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4