That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Sunday record

TFA $60,553,189

BP $60,096,000

BP is just 457k short. With BP keep beating estimates, isn't it quite likely that when the actuals come in, it takes the Sunday record? :bourne:

Edited by vc2002
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Jandrew said:

I wont do any Marvel ranks, but I will say that the "Bucky killed your parents, Tony" reveal in Civil War was the stupidest, most eye rolling thing in the entire MCU. So awful, it ruined the entire 3rd act and downgraded the rest.

The Trevor reveal is actually pretty funny and enjoyable, fanboys should loosen their underwear about that, but man, that Civil War reveal. Even once Phase 7 comes around, that'll still be the top ridiculous thing the MCU has done. Just ass.

Why is it stupid? (Please don’t wrap your answer around the security camera stuff.)

41 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The funniest thing about the criticism regarding the MCU is that most of the arguments people use work for almost ANY big studio movie.

But somehow, the MCU detractors convince themselves the problems they have with the MCU  are somewhat speficic to the MCU, which is hilarious.

At this point that series is consistent for the most part that most folks’ top lists boil down to which one presses your buttons the best. 

Its like 007 films. LIVE AND LET DIE is one of my favorite Bond titles. Is it a great film? Hell no. A great Bond film? No. But it’s quite decent and other perks going for it (awesome old school boat chase, well-casted awesome villain, cool installment hook with the voodoo/blaxploitation, and the theme song being prime Macca cheese.)

20 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Sunday record

TFA $60,553,189

BP $60,096,000

BP is just 457k short. With BP keep beating estimates, isn't it quite likely that when the actuals come in, it takes the Sunday record? :bourne:

I will laugh and cry just a little if it falls to 59.9.... considering that it is their own film on top I don't see much incentive to goose the gross anymore than it is.

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

I think 50m is a little ambitious. But what do I know?

Damn, just saw Rth's latest post where he indicates he just meant it would pass 33m today, not that it already had. Yeah, nevermind to 50 then. Fingers crossed for the Monday record, hope it doesn't get within a mil again and miss like Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I've always considered TFA's  $40m Monday to be the most impressive record of its whole run, and one of the most impressive out of any box office record. So a $50m Monday for BP would just be on a whole other level of box office records. 

It's impressive, but Tuesday/Wednesday are even more impressive.

• Like 2