That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I would imagine that could be the case, counter programming around those instead of trying to beat anything...

There is some rumors that 1999 studio output was so particularly good because studio didn't try to compete with Star Wars return and took risk........ (sound a bit made up but who knows....)

Notting Hill did really well against Star Wars back in 1999. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

it's visionary director Tim Miller's vision this time around, it'll be better

Did I leave the stove on

tumblr_p2fwowBpLA1waf9qgo1_500.gif

Edited by Chewy
  • Like 3
  • Disbelief 2

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

No he wasn't involved at all in the others, or barely.

Tim Miller reports to Captain Jim constantly, they both want to do the franchise justice, the are friends.

Faith, is that too much to ask ?

:ohmyzod:

Jim is the writer and Lightstorm is producing. Jim couldn't be any more involved without directing it himself, he said he spent 3 months of full days making the scripts with Tim. If it does well there will be another couple of films, crossing my fingers.

ALSO Arnold and Linda are back.

Edited by IronJimbo

32 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I wonder what the next non Disney $200M OW will be. Only 1 OW over $200M isn’t from Disney. 

Better yet the next non Disney film in the top 10 OWs. They’ll own 9 out of 10 in May. I’m pretty sure Infinity War will open over DH2. So what will be the next non Disney film over a $175M OW?

Harry Potter reunion will do over 200M OW. Maybe a couple other non-Disney movies might do it since this is about 10 years away from happening but yeah, it's happening.

You can quote me on that a few years down the road.

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Harry Potter reunion will do over 200M OW. Maybe a couple other non-Disney movies might do it since this is about 10 years away from happening but yeah, it's happening.

You can quote me on that a few years down the road.

Ok, but for movies that aren't a decade or more away...

Edited by MovieMan89

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Lol, when is this happening, 2030? There's like 6 Fantastic Beasts movies to get through first, remember? 

I actually said when it's roughly happening in my post... Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, I apologize if my English let me down.

• Like 1

Just now, Arlborn said:

I actually said when it's roughly happening in my post... Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, I apologize if my English let me down.

Yeah sorry, skimmed the post and didn't realize you were talking so far down the road since we were discussing things that are scheduled in the next few years. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAJK said:

I only read up to page 227 but I gotta say Jimbo has got to be the most easygoing of the Cameron fanboys. Is at least partially self-aware, and doesn't always ignore box office facts. 

thanks I think!

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Don't forget Captain Marvel and Dumbo both have 300 potential as well, and I'd bet one of the two makes the yearly top 10. Then you have Homecoming 2 being pseudo Disney as well. 

I think Dumbo will do well but not $300m well, CM is 50/50 but I think Marvel will be happy if it did Doctor Strange numbers.

Just now, Arlborn said:

Wasn't Will Smith's son interested in the role a year or two ago? I'm sure I read something about that somewhere in this forum.

Yea I believe he was there was even a rumor going around that the reason Smith agreed to star in SS was so his son can get that role. Either way I think this is the perfect opportunity for WB/DC to greenlight that movie given how BP was soo successful and it can play to the same social and political strengths that movie had as well to the real world and representation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Arlborn said:

Wasn't Will Smith's son interested in the role a year or two ago? I'm sure I read something about that somewhere in this forum.

I don't think Static is that popular anymore and with Black Lightning on TV, it's unlikely they'll want to have two black lightning/electric based heroes. 

I'd say John Stewart co-leading Green Lantern Corps is more likely.