That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Go to a different theatre man. 9 trailers? That's fucked. Get out of there.

9 trailers is pretty rare but happened to me at The Commuter last month. The main chains (especially AMC) love having long trailer mixes.

1 minute ago, Telehilation said:

BP has substantially more presales than other Marvel entries, that's all. (Actually, more presales than anything non-SW). That's all. red's making a solid point.

Not really my point. RTH himself said it:

"mid 70's been thrown around safe beat atm , business is off the charts (there's only two films higher :)), however huge amount pre-sales which skew things a lot , see how it goes into eve."

• Like 4

9 Trailers? Thats nothing. My record is 16 trailers before my second viewing of Ragnarok. Ill never forget it. Especially considering that half of the trailers were for terrible, TERRIBLE german movies.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

9 Trailers? Thats nothing. My record is 16 trailers before my second viewing of Ragnarok. Ill never forget it. Especially coonsidering that half of the trailers were for terrible, TERRIBLE german movies.

Some German films are excellent. Das Boot, Metropolis, and Wings of Desire for example...... all of which I own on Bluray 

2 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

Some German films are excellent. Das Boot, Metropolis, and Wings of Desire for example...... all of which I own on Bluray 

I'm pretty sure he was referring to German films that are not Das Boot, Metropolis, and Wings of Desire

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

So looking at the audience score on RT, all audience scores for major movies that have female leads or minority leads should basically be ignored going forward.  Basically all negative or not want to see comments are racist or you can tell the person didn’t see the movie.

Searching my mind, I think these are all the times I've gotten 9 trailers:

Rogue One (Logan/The Last Knight/F8 of the Furious/Sing/Kong/Spider-Man/Boss Baby/Pirates/GOTG)

Pirates 5 (Wonder/The Last Knight/The Mummy/Spider-Man/Apes/Geostorm/Wonder Woman/Cars 3/The Last Jedi)

The House (Flatliners/Hitman's Bodyguard/Daddy's Home 2/Girls Trip/The Dark Tower/The Greatest Showman/It/Annabelle/Bad Moms)

Apes 3 (Valerian/American Assassin/Daddy's Home 2/The Dark Tower/Atomic Blonde/Dunkirk/The Shape of Water/Orient Express/Kingsman)

Kingsman 2 (The Commuter/The Foreigner/Suburbicon/American Made/Only the Brave/Geostorm/Red Sparrow/The Greatest Showman/Super Troopers 2)

The Commuter (Death Wish/Gringo/Annihilation/Mortal Engines/Sicario 2/Red Sparrow/15:17 to Paris/Acrimony/Winchester)

The House's trailer mix was about 22 minutes long :winomg: 

1 minute ago, SoSaysI said:

So looking at the audience score on RT, all audience scores for major movies that have female leads or minority leads should basically be ignored going forward.  Basically all negative or not want to see comments are racist or you can tell the person didn’t see the movie.

Real fans are fighting back though. This will not end up like The Last Jedi's 46%.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

9 trailers and Purple Thumbman wasn't one of them!

I had four trailers before my showing and two of them were Thumbfinity War. You could feel the confusion in the audience. Deeply unsettling.

• Like 2