That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

I have a feeling, that Gitesh isn't up to date lately, when he posts his estimates. 

Dare I mention that on AOU weekend when everyone was predicting it would blow past 200M that Gitesh was the only one that was putting the brakes on expectations and turned out to be right?

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

40% of BP audience is African American

Black audience is really showing up BIG time for BP!

http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-thursday-night-preview-box-office-1202291093/

I wonder what the more typical African American breakdown is for MCU films. Maybe 10-15%? 

Edited by MovieMan89

Social media is on fire as people leave the theater: RelishMix is reproting that Twitter hashtags for #BlackPanther and @TheBlackPanther have set an all-time movie record after previews with 559K unique Twitter posts in one day (100K per day is exceptional) — and that’s over twice what the social media monitor saw with #LastJedi which peaked out at 232K in a day back in December.

Jesus.

(Also NICE TYPO DEADLINE)

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

34 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

@Chewy, @Sam we've literally been going on about Panther since what feels like the Middle Ages. Actually got it today and it was just what we wanted. Man, I'm sleeping good tonight. Captain Marvel is next. Feige has no chill at this point.

Ayy just when I start feeling all cynical about these movies something like this happens and I geek the hell out with no apologies

NO APOLOGIES

I wanna drag Ike again in the morning, let's all agree to drag Ike in the morning. @kowhite can join us

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

Dare I mention that on AOU weekend when everyone was predicting it would blow past 200M that Gitesh was the only one that was putting the brakes on expectations and turned out to be right?

That is true, but this time Deadline and RTH posted late enough that I think we can trust their number in the mid-70's range. 

Some big news from China. As of 2:30 pm Saturday local time the box office stands at a USD of 320m officially eclipsing the biggest weekend of all time held by the US of 305m. Well done to a strong slate of Chinese films making this milestone of cinema history!

:jeb!:

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Ayy just when I start feeling all cynical about these movies something like this happens and I geek the hell out with no apologies

NO APOLOGIES

I wanna drag Ike again in the morning, let's all agree to drag Ike in the morning. @kowhite can join us

I’m in. I can be there for any dragging of Ike any time.

What’s the capacity of Ike’s involvement with Marvel now btw?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I wonder what the more typical African American breakdown is for MCU films. Maybe 10-15%? 

Probably somewhere in there, I could see it varying with each character. I'm very curious to how Panther has done in the Rockies and Plains. About 10,000 people in Idaho are black, out of 1.7 million.

Edited by Jandrew

Just now, Sam said:

Probably micromanaging the Netflix shows or something now that he's not allowed in Feige's sandbox.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vc2002 said:

Come to think of it, is there a black woman comics figure?

Monica Rambeau, who was Captain Marvel for a while, is also a prominent strong black female character from Marvel. Aside from the X-women. 

3 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Come to think of it, is there a black woman comics figure?

Yes.

Storm is one and she’s African and she was married to Black Panther. Something I would love to see in the movies.

DC has Vixen too.

Just now, Sam said:

He still oversees the TV and comics divisions I think but our man Feige flexed and got him booted from the studio side of things

Also: lmfao

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1