chasmmi

The Summer Game is Here!! Infernus wins it... pipping WrathofHan in the final revels who had to settle for second after leading the whole way... Wrath wrapped it up in third!

I love the day the summer season begins.  This game is imo, one of the best parts of the summer here on the forums.  Thanks again Chas and Jajang for keeping it going!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, baumer said:

I love the day the summer season begins.  This game is imo, one of the best parts of the summer here on the forums.  Thanks again Chas and Jajang for keeping it going!

Ditto!

Here we go!

Edit - Having a hard time deciding whether or not to edit my preseason. Did badly on Week 0 so the cost isn't high, but I'm actually still pretty happy with my picks. Maybe tonight.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

How good are the chances Fallout comes out in July/August in China?

Answer: likely non-existent, since last year Spider-Man, Apes and Dunkirk all weren't released till September. Same deal with RN in 2015.

Note to self: in the future, try not to cram practically this whole thing into a single day. Only just finished. Looking at others' predictions, my most daring/dumb predictions are that Skyscraper pulls a White House Down domestically, and Tag becomes this year's Neighbors/We're the Millers/Bridesmaids etc. Almost left it off entirely but then bothered to actually watch the trailer and was surprised by how appealing it looked. If any R-rated comedy (or anything at all) is gonna overperform big this summer it's that one. 

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Answer: likely non-existent, since last year Spider-Man, Apes and Dunkirk all weren't released till September. Same deal with RN in 2015.

Good thing there's still time to change mine then:sparta:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Good thing there's still time to change mine then:sparta:

I left Ant-Man and Skyscraper in but I'm really nervous about both. Looking at the past few years, basically no major Hollywood tentpoles have been released in China between the first week of July and the last week of August. That seems to be a period reserved for your Monster Hunts and Wolf Warriors and other homegrown blockbusters. Don't be shocked if Deadpool and even Solo appear in the top 5 in the end. 

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I left Ant-Man and Skyscraper in but I'm really nervous about both. Looking at the past few years, basically no major Hollywood tentpoles have been released in China between the first week of July and the last week of August. That seems to be a period reserved for your Monster Hunts and Wolf Warriors and other homegrown blockbusters. Don't be shocked if Deadpool and even Solo appear in the top 5 in the end. 

I think The Meg might slide in on the virtue of being a co-production. I think I'm way overpredicting it but fuck it. Everyone sucks at the China predictions anyway.

8 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

eh fuck it I'm not gonna change my preseason. I want to drop Tag for Sicario, but I don't think I'll lose accuracy points if it doesn't make the list.

I think I have Mama Mia way too low (116) but I'm not changing anything either.

If my calculations are right we are inside 3 hours to go :)

and I've decided not to edit my preseason - leaving the good the bad and the ugly.... and i'm sure I've got all 3 down pat ! ... just hoping more good than anything else ;)

:ohmyzod:

• Like 1