Eric Furiosa

Weekend Box Office: Actuals (Page 55): BP $26.6M TR $23.7M ICOI $17.1M AWIT $16.3M LS $11.8M, PR crosses $100M, Jumanji crosses $400M

Granted it was 10:30am on a workday but it was interesting watching Tomb Raider in a 350 seat theatre with about 6 other people. 

(On a side note. Whenever I start typing a word with “ra” my iPhone thinks I’m going to type “raegr”)

• ...wtf 1

10 hours ago, a2knet said:

could do $35-36m ow. then would need 1.65-1.7x for $60m total. pru is releasing next weekend and rating is average (8.2) so may not do more than that though would wait for those well versed with china's bo to comment on that.

Iirc, it has Pacific Rim Uprising coming next weekend there so legs maybe especially short for TR there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

So Tomb Raider will probably do $18-$21 million this weekend. It’s Budget is the main concern, but it needs international to help out(which it will) big time!

But WB can get saved by Ready Player One and some of their modest budget titles so far this year.

as for I Can Only Imagine, not bad for a film I knew nothing about. And Love, Simon that’s also more with what tracking was expecting, I see it behaving like Paper Towns more than anything.

WB will have to wait for Grindelwald to do anything of significance. Nun will

male solid Horror money. Don’t see Mowgli doing to hot

I wonder which of ICOI and LS will be the leggier movie. The former is from a genre with an exceptionally loyal fanbase and its limited screen count should help it in the weeks to come. The latter caters to a demo that will go see a movie numerous times and has a strong enough critical reception to attract general, adult audiences. I honestly do not know which one will win the battle of the multipliers.

A+ Cinemascore movies are a rare breed (all things considered) but to have two of them released during the same weekend is surely unprecedented.