sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

8 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

I Feel Pretty is on its way to an estimated $7M gross today. The performance of I Feel Pretty is right in line with Schumer’s previous comedy outing Snatched which debuted to $19.5M last year.

Super Troopers 2 is just jamming right now, having nailed down $1.35M in previews and now looks to more than double its previous estimate for its three-day with $15M. Fox intiated double features in 900+ theaters for die hards who wanted to see the 2001 movie again. Good idea to remind people of what they loved about the film 17 years ago. It is on track for a $7M Friday as well.

Those 2 weekend numbers are quite quite high, considering the marketing spent on them:

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/rampage-tops-studios-tv-ad-spending-1202754657/

ST2: 

Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $2.06M

IFP:

Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $3.73M

That is has low as it can get.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

I gotta say man I think I'm pretty okay at this box office stuff but I have never, ever been as out of touch with a movie overperforming than Super Troopers 2. Even when an imported Indian film breaks out I'm much more aware of that than this movie.

Well, the original (which came out in 2002) is a cult classic, so the sequel is performing big to its own niche audience. But it seems even that audience isn't whole heartedly satisfied with ST2, so the movie is probably gonna be mega frontloaded anyway.

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Any movie that isn't about either superheroes or death stars or straight white men is automatically the bane of their existence. Gonna be fun in June when Ocean's 8 and Incredibles 2 (which is apparently heavily focused on Elastigirl) come out.

I am surprised I have not seen any "Why are they focusing on ElastiGirl for the sake of PC?? These damn SJWs and their feminist agendas!!!" thinkpieces.

Just to summarize Deadline:

Friday

IFP, ST2 7

AQP 6

Rampage 5

Weekend

IFP, AQP 20 

Rampage 16 (imo Deadline is badly messing the multiplier. If Friday is 5 then weekend could get close to 19)*

ST2 15

*5 +8(+60%)+5.5(-31.25%) = 18.5

The OW Sat bump from true Friday was itself north of 50%. 65-70% Sat bump would give 19 even with a heavier Sunday drop.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

hot shots part deux is one of my favourite comedies because it was on tv alllll the time when i was a kid and i'd watch it like twice a week. FOR SOME REASON tho this scene isn't on my dvd copy of the film. idk why it was in it whenever i watched it on tv and i loved this scene

Fucking A Coolio!  Those are my two favorite spoof movies and it's not even really close.  

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Rampage 16 (imo Deadline is badly messing the multiplier. If Friday is 5 then weekend could get close to 19)

True that it is a bit of a strange multiplier, last weekend it did 3.65 time it's true friday I think (33.35 for a 9.14 friday)

Why would it get to a 3.2 now, a 18, 18.5 make more sense ? if it really reach 5m friday. Last weekend had strong weekend days for is Friday, not sure why it would change this weekend, there is no competition against it opening at all.

• Like 2

The rock trying to make sure rampage stays number one this weekend. 

This girl asked rock to prom but he couldn’t go, so he sent a message via her school PA system. Really cool thing to do. 

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

Yeah, I call BUUUUUUUULLSHIT on DHD's Rampage multiplier, but then again.... it's DHD. They always cock up multipliers. With a 5M Friday, it's probably gonna hit anywhere in the range of 18-20M.

However, 20M for I Feel Pretty and 15M for ST2 (should they hit these numbers) would be impressive, admitedly.

• Like 1

I'm thinking of getting a movie pass this summer for myself and my three teens.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Potential movies to watch:

Infinity War

Deadpool 2

Han Solo

Incredibles 2

Jurassic World

Uncle Drew (if reviews are great)

Ant-Man 2

Hotel Transylvania 3

Mission Impossible (not if it cost me an extra month)

Also my son and I are the only ones who will see around 8 movies. The girls might watch 4.