sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

16 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Variety:

20m AQP
17m I Feel Pretty
11m Super Troopers 2

3-4m Traffik

http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/box-office-i-feel-pretty-quite-place-1202772858/

Feels more like it...

They have Traffik at $4m

Lionsgate’s opening of “Traffik” is heading for a moderate debut of $4 million at 1,046 venues.

It says it had been forecasted at $3-4m

Edited by TalismanRing

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'm thinking of getting a movie pass this summer for myself and my three teens.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Potential movies to watch:

Infinity War

Deadpool 2

Han Solo

Incredibles 2

Jurassic World

Uncle Drew (if reviews are great)

Ant-Man 2

Hotel Transylvania 3

Mission Impossible (not if it cost me an extra month)

Also my son and I are the only ones who will see around 8 movies. The girls might watch 4.

Anyone?

11 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Anyone?

If you're going to see 8 movies it's still a  very good deal  (3 months for $29.95) - more so if you do repeats.  4 is borderline with the new pricing plans with children's priced tickets unless again there are lots of repeats. Edit: just notices that they're all teens - still 4 movies for $30 is $7.5  a ticket.  In NYC still a bargain, not so much in other areas.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

If you're going to see 8 movies it's still a  very good deal  (3 months for $29.95) - more so if you do repeats.  4 is borderline with the new pricing plans with children's priced tickets unless again there are lots of repeats.

They all count as adults.

Can I buy movie pass for only one or two months or is there a three month minimum?

Also, if I watch 8 movies I can watch them again at no extra cost?

Thanks for the help BTW.

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Can I buy movie pass for only one or two months or is there a three month minimum?

Thanks for the help BTW.

They just changed their intro policy to $29.95 for 3 months.  I've heard though that they still might offer the $10 monthly plan via the app.

The last I read one could see up to 30 movies a month - one a day even if they're repeats

Wait wait, I'm sorry -  It looks like the pass has far different terms

https://www.moviepass.com/

America's #1 Movie Theater Subscription Service

Plus an extended FREE 3 Month Trial of iHeartRadio All-Access

Only $9.95 a month*

*Offer includes four movies a month with MoviePass and an extended, free 3-month iHeartRadio All-Access trial.

Only available to new subscribers. Will be billed for the full three month plan at sign-up, then billed quarterly afterwards.

It looks like they temporarily suspended the $9.95m a month offer but if you sign up now you pay $9.95 (or not - it's sketchy) and get a TRIAL FREE 3 Month Pass  that gives you just FOUR movies a month.  Sketchily it also says even though its Free they bill you for the 3 month plan at start up...

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Thanks for the help BTW.

They currently have the limited time offer of $29.95 for 3 months, plus a $6.7 one time activation fee. Apparently, you won’t be able to sign up again for something like 6-9 months if you cancel. With this offer, only 12 tickets for the 3 month period are given, 4 per month. You can rewatch a movie, but it’ll count as one of your 4 tickets for the month. Their previous offers allowed for a movie a day, but not this one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It looks like they temporarily suspended the $9.95m a month offer but if you sign up now you pay $9.95 (or not - it's sketchy) and get a TRIAL FREE 3 Month Pass  that gives you just FOUR movies a month.  Sketchily it also says even though its Free they bill you for the 3 month plan at start up...

Huh. So it’s $29.95 for the second set of 3 months? So $10 for 12 movies over 3 months, after which you can cancel. Or continue and pay $40 for 24 movies over 6 months. I’d assumed they were limiting the number of tickets, but it seems it’s just limiting the number of movies you can watch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

lol Rampage's drop next week is going to SUCK. Will it hit 70%? :hahaha: 

Not a lot of precedent of a third weekend movie with such a similar audience:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2018&wknd=07&p=.htm

During black panther OW:

Maze Runner: -58% (Week 4, lost 1000 theater)

For Civil war:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=main&yr=2016&wknd=19&sort=change&order=ASC&p=.htm

BvS: -73% (lost 737 theater) week 7

Keanu: -65%, week 2

Huntsman: -59%, week 3

During Ultron:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=main&yr=2015&wknd=18&sort=change&order=ASC&p=.htm

Fast 7: -63%

Kingmans: -65%

Get Hard: -68.4%

Edited by Barnack

6 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

So whats so "controversial" about I Feel Pretty? Isn't it a positive body image message? Isn't that a good thing? 

It's weird to me how everything becomes "problematic" these days. 

Amy Schumer has pretty much made a career out of bashing conservatives/political humor.

The white working class people she hates don't have their opinions broadcast on TV or written about in magazines so they downvote her movies.  So what?  

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

Variety:

20m AQP
17m I Feel Pretty
11m Super Troopers 2

4m Traffik

http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/box-office-i-feel-pretty-quite-place-1202772858/

Feels more like it...

Lol they’re being quite unfair on I Feel Pretty there. Its beat tracking by $2m. They say it’s down from Snatched - without mentioning the huge Mothers Day bump that movie had. 

Anyway, nice to see it overperforming, it should have a better overall multiplier than Snatched too and do $45-50m (on a smaller budget of $15m). 

9 minutes ago, Gamera said:

Amy Schumer has pretty much made a career out of bashing conservatives/political humor.

The white working class people she hates don't have their opinions broadcast on TV or written about in magazines so they downvote her movies.  So what?  

tumblr_o320vkYKRx1tp80nvo1_400.gif

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Amy Schumer is now a social issue to fight over 

:kitschjob:

That "I Feel Pretty" might just be a comedy that is simply not very funny is out of the question for a lot of people. It the whole "Ghostbusters" crap over again.

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

That "I Feel Pretty" might just be a comedy that is simply not very funny is out of the question for a lot of people. It the whole "Ghostbusters" crap over again.

For which people ?, who saw the movie and didn't find it funny that was not believed by who ?

I don't think I read even one reference that the critics are biased because it got rotten reviews.

Edited by Barnack