sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

• Community Manager
Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Well @baumer certainly could have articulated that opposed to the message that it was shut down because it wasn't deemed possible. I will say that if it were to happen, would it really matter that it's in its 11th weekend? It would be the second most relevant movie at the box office, so that's why the club was made. Not because I was trying to encourage others to make 11th weekend hold clubs for anything. 

That's my bad, we should have been more clear and I should have communicated why to baumer more clearly. It's an amazing thing if it does happen and it should be acknowledged and you should get credit for predicting it for sure. But yeah, I'd say that it does matter for the purpose of ensuring we don't go out of control with clubs. :) 

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

That's my bad, we should have been more clear and I should have communicated why to baumer more clearly. It's an amazing thing if it does happen and it should be acknowledged and you should get credit for predicting it for sure. But yeah, I'd say that it does matter for the purpose of ensuring we don't go out of control with clubs. :) 

Out of likes today, but I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

It's not really a punishment. I told EmpireCity that if he wants it back, all he has to do is start respecting other members-he has made it clear he has no intentions to do that. But we don't want someone who behaves like he does representing the site and in some way, giving a member a special group makes them stand out and thus they represent the site.

It's a way to mark users who make valuable contributions to the site that some members so you know it's legit and coming from them. The only people who pay are Gold, Premium, Copper, and Silver members. 

Lol at "behaves like he does" when one of your own fucking mods is insufferable and a complete asshole and was called out by multiple people for that fact.  

The fact that you let a mod act the way he does says everything about you and this site.  

Hypocrites.  

• Astonished 2

• Community Manager
7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol at "behaves like he does" when one of your own fucking mods is insufferable and a complete asshole and was called out by multiple people for that fact.  

The fact that you let a mod act the way he does says everything about you and this site.  

Hypocrites.  

I'm sorry you feel that way. I've actually talked to @baumer over his behavior. He's a valuable mod to the site who helps keeps things running and is good most of the time. He's a human though and sometimes he slips up-especially when he feels as strongly about the members of this site as he does. We as a staff continue to work to improve how we communicate as staff members. He has, as always, shown a willingness and ability to improve and is why he has remained a staff member over these years.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I've actually talked to @baumer over his behavior. He's a valuable mod to the site who helps keeps things running and is good most of the time. He's a human though and sometimes he slips up-especially when he feels as strongly about the members of this site as he does. We as a staff continue to work to improve how we communicate as staff members. He has, as always, shown a willingness and ability to improve and is why he has remained a staff member over these years.

The likely response you will get to this calm rationality:

Image result for ANGER GIF

I will further ameliorate the situation.

@MovieMan89, I think your club is quite impossible, but I guess I came on too strong by saying that it was stupid and ridiculous and so on.  That was wrong.  As a mod, I should pull my punches.  I'm sorry for ridiculing you that way.  

The club was closed because WB and us mods talked it over and we all decided it was to be closed, and I put my written input into it.  I apologize for that.  My bad.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrPink said:

The only solution I see here is make me a Mod and I will be an asshole to everybody as an equal opportunity offender.

@Water Bottle - since I am gone this weekend due to personal commitments and i think the staff could use a helping hand, let's deputize @MrPink as the sole mod for the weekend thread.

:ohmygod: 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, grim22 said:

@Water Bottle - since I am gone this weekend due to personal commitments and i think the staff could use a helping hand, let's deputize @MrPink as the sole mod for the weekend thread.

:ohmygod: 

Wtf I have the week off until Tuesday. I am here. Hell, I might consider retirement after this week. I will go out in a blaze of glory. I would gladly have @MrPink as my Mod partner in the weekend thread tho.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

Just now, CJohn said:

Wtf I have the week off until Tuesday. I am here. Hell, I might consider retirement after this week. I will go out in a blaze of glory. I would gladly have @MrPink as my Mod partner in the weekend thread tho.

POKEMON AND TRUE DETECTIVE GIFS ALLOWED. HAVE AT IT BOT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I will further ameliorate the situation.

@MovieMan89, I think your club is quite impossible, but I guess I came on too strong by saying that it was stupid and ridiculous and so on.  That was wrong.  As a mod, I should pull my punches.  I'm sorry for ridiculing you that way.  

The club was closed because WB and us mods talked it over and we all decided it was to be closed, and I put my written input into it.  I apologize for that.  My bad.  

And again, I never felt personally attacked. I just couldn't figure out why you thought I was trolling or why it was deemed too impossible compared to some other clubs. That was where I felt the lock was unfair. But now I know clubs need to be contained primarily to OWs, DOM, and maybe 2nd/3rd weekends. I didn't know that, but I can't say I really recall clubs here that don't fit that criteria. Believe me, if it happens I'll be very ready to @ you and expect some crow eating. ;) Sound good?