sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

1 minute ago, AngryCustomer said:

Wow, so many deleted posts. @EmpireCity seriously, just start a box office twitter account and people will follow. That's all. No point in overextending this pointless debacle. Don't leave without a trace. Keep us in the loop. I need your numbers.

Like a crack addict.

Funny how Baumer says people just like City for his numbers then people in this thread confirm it, lol

personally i like EC because he's entertaining, i'm not ill enough to crave numbers a couple days earlier and lose self-respect over it

• Like 3

@EmpireCity if that was a private conversation between you and him and you just showed it to everyone that doesn’t really look good on your character no matter if you are right or wrong in your conversation. 

It should stay between you and him. 

http://deadline.com/2018/04/i-feel-pretty-traffik-super-troopers-2-a-quiet-place-rampage-box-office-1202371111/

Paramount’s A Quiet Place is still the prime destination for moviegoers this weekend in its third go-round with a $9.4M Saturday ( +47% over Friday) and a 3-day of $21.7M and a running cume of $132M by Sunday, however family matinees are spiking New Line’s Rampage to second place with $20.7M, a -42% ease. The Dwayne Johnson movie drew $9.25M on Saturday, +93% over Friday and will see a 10-day total of $66.3M by end of today.

Meanwhile STXfilms’ I Feel Pretty has slowed down with a -6% Saturday for a $15.75M opening, making it the lesser debut out of Amy Schumer’s last three movies: Trainwreck ($30M) and Snatched ($19.5M). Schumer didn’t write this movie, which was the case with Trainwreck, but nonetheless it’s obviously not wowing a stampede of female audiences to come out.

Now, even though Fox Searchlight’s Super Troopers 2 is cruising in lower than its early Saturday forecast with $14.8M in 4th, it’s still commendable because no one was expecting this cult comedy sequel to over-index. As expected, because of 4/20 stoner crowds, Super Troopers 2 was front-loaded drawing $4.3M on Saturday, -44%. This is more so a win over I Feel Pretty because of its financial structure: Super Troopers 2 was made for an estimated $5M before P&A, while the Schumer comedy cost $32M, with STX taking stateside rights for $15M.

Universal/Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare takes 5th place with a $3.6M Saturday, +44% and a $8.1M second weekend, -57% for a 10-day take of $30.6M.

Lionsgate/Code Black’s Traffik drew $1.5M on Saturday and will open to $3.8M.

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2

13 minutes ago, tawasal said:

@EmpireCity if that was a private conversation between you and him and you just showed it to everyone that doesn’t really look good on your character no matter if you are right or wrong in your conversation. 

It should stay between you and him. 

It was not a private conversation. They had an argument in one of the club threads. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

however family matinees are spiking New Line’s Rampage to second place with $20.7M, a -42% ease. The Dwayne Johnson movie drew $9.25M on Saturday, +93% over Friday and will see a 10-day total of $66.3M by end of today.

That's a great drop for a Friday opener and a video game adaptation. 33.7 away from 100 after a 20.7 weekend.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

@a2knet Bro where are you??

Rampage with a 92.7% bump on Saturday w.r.t Friday. :ohmygod: :ohmyzod: :ohmygod:

Deadline is also projecting an awesome 28.1% drop on Sunday for Rampage. While they have AQP dropping a much steeper 37.2%. :ohmygod: :ohmyzod: :ohmygod:

Insane. AQP and Rampage are 1m apart. Would be some story if Rampage can pull off #1 with a bigger Sun.

EDIT: Yeah as Deadline is already giving Rampage a better Sunday drop it might not pull off #1 this weekend.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 3

Rampage is playing like  family movie and that 90+% bump on Saturday proves it.  Also, not a bad second week drop for Truth or Dare.  57% looks pretty good for a horror film that apparently not many like.  Pretty hilarious drop for Super Troopers on Saturday.  And of course great weekend hold for AQP.  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Insane. AQP and Rampage are 1m apart. Would be some story if Rampage can pull off #1 with a bigger Sun.

It probably won't happen because they might very well be lowballing AQP for the Sun. figure. But this is a rather amazing turnaround for Rampage. It's been rebounding dramatically (for the better) in it's short stint in the DBO so far. Such a fun BO run. It needs just 1.62 x 2nd weekend if 20.7m happens. If the weekend figure comes in at 20.5m, Rampage will need 1.65 x 2nd weekend. Both seem doable atm. A:IW will hit it hard but it is still going to be the 2nd choice big blockbuster in the market. Rampage will probably benefit from A:IW sellouts.

Edit: If TR finishes with 58m in the DBO then it will have made 1.64 x TR's 2nd weekend. I think Rampage will get there.

Edited by MaxAggressor
  • Like 2

Aw man, that’s not good that I Feel Pretty fell, I was expecting a 15% increase. Crap. It’ll barely beat tracking. Looks like $15.75m like they say (with a 38% Sunday drop). Meh.

Great rebound, again, for Rampage. 50% drops from here on get it to $94m, can it save some face domestically and get to $100m? Rock is on social media saying it’s the #1 movie in the world again, but obviously it isn’t. 

I am stunned that Truth or Dare didn’t fall 70%. Hell it didn’t even fall 60%. RT audience scores: officially meaningless.

Edited by Krissykins

Very good hold for Rampage, makes 100M seem not that impossible any more. Also, AQP' run makes me really happy. Quality horror films really get rewarded in the last few years.

• Like 2