CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

12 minutes ago, That Ambitious Guy said:

Lighten up a little.  It's all in good fun.  I'm sure the people I quoted can handle being wrong about something.

I just think it's funny how absolutely certain some people were about how high this would go, and how they ended up not being right in the end.  If my $228M prediction was wildly off after I've been adamant on it happening for months, then it'd be completely fair game for them to quote the posts where I said that.

It's hard as a super-fan to not wanna be optimistic over realistic...and we've all had one that's floored us (I mean, JL under $95M - I don't remember what I predicted, but it sure was a lot higher than that:)...

In my opinion, Infinity War doesn't play like a sequel, it feels more like an original movie, that's why i'm expecting the numbers to go up as the day progresses. 

It has the certain kind of hype around it, that reminds me of the run of the orininal Avengers or JW.

We'll see, will be an interesting night. 

Just now, KJsooner said:

Jurassic World 200 mil ow, 600+ domestics 

TLJ, 200 mil ow, 600+ domestic 

TFA, 200 mil ow, 600+ domestic 

The Avengers, 200 mil ow, 600+ domestic 

Black Panther-200 mil ow, 600+ domestic

Even AOU adjust to 500 mil domestic with a 202 ow.

It’s 99% locked for 500 mil domestic, and probably 75% locked for 600 mil. Imo

FTFY

All different animals. Hell TLJ had a bad multi and had Christmas. TFA also had Christmas. Both JW, BP and TA were different beasts and cultural phenomenons. IW suffers from dealing with DP2 and Solo back to back and will likely be more frontloaded since the only sequel on their without years prior of an installment was TLJ. CW and AOU had sub 2.45x multi due to a fan rush and judging from the OW if true this’ll be just as frontloaded.

don't like that post @baumer it was sarcasm lol, I am going to see it in 40 minutes but I'm not hyped

although it will be good to be in the know for once on a big tent-pole film

Edited by IronJimbo

6 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

i don't think it will go over $ 600M

but i also don't think it will go under $ 500M

CW have a 2.27x multiplier, IW will not doing worst than that, is a much more crowd pleaser movie

I also think it’ll fall in the 500m range, but I do think there’s a chance it could go just under (as well as just over 600m).

Edited by Critically Acclaimed Panda
  • Like 1