CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

Long read but a great read

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/marvel-movie-marathon-diary-infinity-war-1201958176/

Marvel Movie Marathon: I Watched 12 Superhero Movies in 31 Hours, and This is My Diary

Our film critic prepared for "Avengers: Infinity War" with world building, sleep deprivation, and so many white dudes named Chris.

1 hour ago, KJsooner said:

I was wrong. The legs for this movie will not be good. I loved it, but I don’t see it having ‘staying power.’

I loved it too. I think this be the movie that all the fans will love and they'll all rush out opening weekend but it won't have the mass appeal that Black Panther or Avengers had. 

4 minutes ago, Belle said:

I loved it too. I think this be the movie that all the fans will love and they'll all rush out opening weekend but it won't have the mass appeal that Black Panther or Avengers had. 

Means nothing if you can't say why. No reason why this movie won't have mass appeal. You get action from beginning to end, emotion, crazy end, and many more water cooler moments. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sam said:

Lol. Where do they pull the extra 10-15M from? 

I think she might be talking about the true Friday? Just edging out TFA's true Friday would be about in-line with all the other projections we've had today.

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

I think she might be talking about the true Friday? Just edging out TFA's true Friday would be about in-line with all the other projections we've had today.

When was the last time an article bothered doing the math to figure out true friday gross, nevermind that it's basic subtraction

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

makes sense. tfa true friday was 62m which gives aiw 101m.