Water Bottle

The Walking Dead | AMC

What does it matter what the nationality of the cast is?

It does matter because America is supposed to be diverse. But, in line with Hollywood thinking, its a typical American show that focuses on white characters and the other minorities are thrown into subservient roles (For example, Glen is one of the few characters to confess his fear and terror of living in a zombified world, which is in line of the cowardly Asian stereotype, go figure).I guess I can't really complain much about it, since most American TV is like this.BTW, any rumored date on Season 3? "Fall" isn't very clear. Edited by BoxOfficeZ

It does matter because America is supposed to be diverse.

So it's unrealistic to think that any given group of people has predominantly white people, much like this is a predominantly white country? For one, this show takes place in Georgia, around where The Dukes of Hazzard takes place. Second, what the hell does it matter, really? Why does it bother you that a collection of like 12 American people has one black person (it had two before) and one Asian person? It's a ridiculous complaint. If the show took place in Detroit or something, you may have an argument, but in this environment, a SINGLE group of survivors had a somewhat low white-to-not white ratio, so what? Let's not forget Duanne and Morgan in the premiere. This seems like a pretty accurate portrayal. A couple white trash types (Merle, Daryl, Ed, Carol), a couple of accented deputies (Rick, Shane). Two girls, and an old guy, all normal white people. A probably poor black woman (Nobody gives a fuck what her name is). An Asian pizza boy. And a seemingly literate black guy. It's not like they even threw in a stereotype (and stereotypes are pretty predominant in the African American population in the Bible Belt). He speaks proper English, his name is Theodore, implying he was probably middle class or something of the like.I wish I could see the day where people would just ignore the color of people's skin for once and just look at people as people.

It does matter because America is supposed to be diverse. But, in line with Hollywood thinking, its a typical American show that focuses on white characters and the other minorities are thrown into subservient roles (For example, Glen is one of the few characters to confess his fear and terror of living in a zombified world, which is in line of the cowardly Asian stereotype, go figure).I guess I can't really complain much about it, since most American TV is like this.BTW, any rumored date on Season 3? "Fall" isn't very clear.

October

Andrea has to be my favorite character. Always liked her from the very beginning and is headstrong. I was really pissed they left her at the farm, those bastards! Thank God she's still alive...and she'd better live.I love Rick. Great actor, great guy, and someone I connected with. Lori was fine until the end where she blew up on Rick. Seriously, what the fuck was that? I would have understood if she had maybe gotten mad because Carl shot Shane and would lose even more of his innocence...but what the fuck? Shane was an absolute asshole. I cheered when he died.The Asian guy is all right, though I don't like how much of a big mouth he is. His girlfriend can be an utter twat, but she's hot.The black guy is such a fat ass pussy. Shoot his ass.Carol breaks my heart. Such a weak woman...:(

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 1

Totally agree Cedar, facing the same dilemma myself. I can't get enough but I really like not knowing where the show is going and reading the comics would take away a good portion of the surprises. Noctis I mainly agree with all that. I really like Andrea too, she's one of the stronger characters and I like that she pulled herself up from the verge of suicide to where she is now. Could use even more development though, hopefully next season.

You guys should just read the comics. They're very different from the show. In the comics Shane dies much sooner, Tyreese has long been introduced, Dale and Andrea were romantically involved and Dale lasts a LOT longer, Sophia doesn't die, Carol is hotter, no T-Dogg. Also, the farm is barely in the comics. None of what happened in the second half of the season happens in the comics (except Shane's death, but again, that happened much sooner.)If season 3 isn't better, the show should just give up. The stuff that should be covered in season 3 is AMAZING and there's no reason for them to mess it up.

It'd probably be the Season 4 finale. Of course that assumes 1) They follow the Prison story arc closely in terms of length, and 2) They actually have the guts to do that spoilery event.

Edited by 4815162342

Are you trying to keep me from reading them?

don't like the choices? The characters are pretty different in the comics. Dale wasn't annoying. They didn't need to rely on Shane's conflict with Rick to keep things interesting. You're just going to have to give them a shot. it's worth it.

don't like the choices? The characters are pretty different in the comics. Dale wasn't annoying. They didn't need to rely on Shane's conflict with Rick to keep things interesting. You're just going to have to give them a shot. it's worth it.

I was joking, I've planned on getting around to them for a while, but I've never been really able to get into a comic, and I've been planning on starting Batman with Year One for a while now. It's just the way you said that made it sound like a nightmare to someone unfamiliar, having the best character in the show die early on, the annoying old guy romancing the zombie killing babe, etc.