Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

45 minutes ago, AJG said:

Im sorry but do you even like Suicide Squad?

I get that your a DC fanboy but you’ve got to have some kind of limit.

He did not like Justice League, but I think that was because Zack Snyder, whom Napoleon worships , was sort of shoved to the side in post production even before Snyder quit the film.

Hell, Napoleon has claimed that all the success of Wonder Woman was due to Snyder instead of Pastti Jenkins,

It is not so much that Napoleon is a DC fanboy, but that he has such a over the top hatred for Marvel Studios.

• Like 1

If Venom makes a lot of money but people don't like it then Sony's Spiderverse is fucked. Ask WB how building upon a bad foundation worked for them. Furthermore Suicide Squad was indeed a hit but WB are dragging their feet on making a sequel because they know that the sequel is bound to fall a lot from it's predecessor, especially if it sucks. 

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

If Venom makes a lot of money but people don't like it then Sony's Spiderverse is fucked. Ask WB how building upon a bad foundation worked for them. Furthermore Suicide Squad was indeed a hit but WB are dragging their feet on making a sequel because they know that the sequel is bound to fall a lot from it's predecessor, especially if it sucks. 

And from the early porjections, Venom will not do anywhere near what Sucide Squad did.   I think the Spidey verse, always a questionable idea IMHO, is probably screwed.

And Kevin Feige will probably congratulatge himself on keeping Marvel Studios involvement in this to an absolute minimum.

23 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Spider-Man 3 remaining the definitive Venom story? What a surprise.

Image result for tobey maguire spiderman gif

Don't know if you are being sarcastic or not...

I think the Venom storyline was Spidey 3 weakest part, but looks as if "Venom" will not be an improvement. No secret that Raimi did not to do Venom  and wanted to stick to his Sandman story, but SONY forced him to incluse Venom.

Some charecters take a couple of attempts before a good screen version comes about.venom might well be one of them.

Venom is kinda lame tbh. He's a cool design, but that's it. All of the things people critique Spider-Man 3's Venom for (his size, not saying 'we' etc) are really superficial. You also lose what actually works with Venom when Spidey isn't there.

11 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

If Venom makes a lot of money but people don't like it then Sony's Spiderverse is fucked. Ask WB how building upon a bad foundation worked for them.

Considering how crazy well BvS opened, I am not sure Men of Steel was such an issue (not like if they built on Green lantern instead of rebooting right away)

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-35909299

Batman v Superman takes $424m at global box office

Imagine if it would have been good

• Thanks 1

now here's michelle williams saying she's in this movie cos all those indie movies she's in don't pay the bills

The actress is not only starring in her first superhero film but also has recently been seen in the Amy Schumer comedy, “I Feel Pretty.” So, more than working with Hardy, what’s the real reason she’s choosing more four-quadrant fare?

Williams explains, “I wish there was always a clear, artistic line, but at a certain point, you have to square with the fact that you’re getting older, you live in the world and you have needs. In my twenties, I wasn’t cognizant of retirement, the housing market or college tuition; I just did whatever the fuck I wanted to do. Now, I sometimes do what I want to do, but I also have to make decisions that take care of my family. So, the decision-making is all over the place. It used to be one thing, but now it’s many things.”

press tour killing it so far.👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

now here's michelle williams saying she's in this movie cos all those indie movies she's in don't pay the bills

Wow, that's brutally honest. I am honestly shocked she just came out and said that when she could have said anything like "I want to be in a movie my nephews can see" etc.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Jesus fucking christ. 

Nothing about the script. Nothing about wanting to work with the director or the actors. I mean I am all for folks being honest but shit she makes a living being an ACTRESS. She could lie a bit....but hey honesty is the best policy ;) 

Edited by Nova

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Wow, that's brutally honest. I am honestly shocked she just came out and said that when she could have said anything like "I want to be in a movie my nephews can see" etc.

Maybe it is so bad, she won't even let her nephews see it :Gaga:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i know i'm committing blasphemy, but i've never liked her acting and her snob attitude isn't helping.  she plays good one type of role: depressed wife. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

i know i'm committing blasphemy, but i've never liked her acting and her snob attitude isn't helping.  she plays good one type of role: depressed wife. 

tbh most actors in superhero movies are probably thinking the same thing. i almost never buy the "big fan of the comics" or "i wanted to make sure tiny tim could see me in a movie this christmas" spiel. 

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

tbh most actors in superhero movies are probably thinking the same thing. i almost never buy the "big fan of the comics" or "i wanted to make sure tiny tim could see me in a movie this christmas" spiel. 

probably true, but they are actors. they're supposed to hype up their work. hell, normal people have to pretend they enjoy their work without being paid millions

Edited by Alli